Glock Firearms banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Beak 'em Hawks!
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Cabella's yesterday and while looking for ammo for my G19, I saw this stuff...Herter's select grade aluminum case! Also it says mfg. by Blazer and made in USA on the box. They are 115 gr. TNJ (total NYLON jacket)! Why, I never!...

Now, I have shot plenty of Herter's ammo, with nary a hiccup, they were marked as made in Russia. These bullets are marked 9mm luger, nr (non reloadable?), and CCI. All the other Herter's stuff I've shot was marked Tulammo on the case and made in Russia on the box. What kinda situation we got goin' on here?? :confused:

These things have a nice gray colored case and a purty royal blue jacket.

Sorry I can't post a pic, but compooter is messed up...software issue and mother board issue. :eek:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Herter's Select-Grade TNJ Handgun Ammunition

Great performance at a value-minded price
Precision aircraft-grade aluminum cases
Total Nylon Jacket bullets eliminate copper fouling
Precision-made in the USA
By replacing costly brass cases and copper jackets with aluminum and nylon, USA-made Herter’s aluminum-case handgun ammunition keeps cost down while preserving clean-shooting reliability and accuracy. Sized to incredibly precise tolerances, the nonreloadable, aircraft-grade aluminum cases cycle smoothly. Premium-quality, round-nose lead bullets are coated with a Total Nylon Jacket (TNJ) to replace expensive copper jackets. TNJ bullets are inherently accurate, and cycle fluidly through semiautomatics. As an added benefit, TNJ bullets eliminate hard-to-remove copper and lead fouling. Made in USA. Per 50.

herters.jpg

:eek:

Attachments

·
Beak 'em Hawks!
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, MW. I just dint know anything about them. I sure hope you are right. I am always looking for cheap good ammo. These were less than $10 a box. Anything less than 10 bucks a box is cheap IMHO.

Oh, and thanks for the pic too.

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Good find...I'll be checking to see if Cabela's in Hamburg, PA

carries this TNJ in .45 caliber...!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks, MW. I just dint know anything about them. I sure hope you are right. I am always looking for cheap good ammo. These were less than $10 a box. Anything less than 10 bucks a box is cheap IMHO.

Oh, and thanks for the pic too.

No problem. Just did a google search and poof... :)

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Good find...I'll be checking to see if Cabela's in Hamburg, PA carries this TNJ in .45 caliber...!!
Yup...the Hamburg, PA store has it for $19.99

230gr TNJ...

And $2 shipping on orders of $49 or more ( before 3/28/2012 )

·
Banned
372 Posts
Cabelas in Indiana for 9mm is $12 and for 40 cal $15 plus tax of course. Just bought some for my Glock 35. I always use the 9mm for my Ruger.

·
Registered
4 Posts
just bought a glock 19 4th gen. Its my first gun and looking for cheaper ammo that will still be good to shoot since i find myself wanting to go to the range more now since i own instead of renting now. anyone know how this works for the 9mm

·
Awesome Member
34 Posts
Just went throught 100 + rounds of the TNJ today and I was pretty pleased. Everything cycled perfectly through my G17 and they seemed to be as consistent as could be. $9.99 for 50 rounds and these things shoot like how they shot, not to mention they were very clean, I might never go back! And this might just be me, but I felt a pretty small amount of recoil compared to the Remington UMC's that I'm used to shooting. But that might just be the price talking haha.

·
Dude
246 Posts
I'll give it this much, it's a pretty round! I don't reload, so that's not an issue for me..and if it's clean..that's a super-bonus!

I'll have to see if I can get that around here in Toledo! Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts