New Ares Tactical Minimal Sieben for G42

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by henrickd, Sep 13, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Just got an Ares Tactical Sieben for my G42 and so far I'm really digging it. Of course, I bought it for sweltering summer heat and it's 50 degrees outside right now.

One caveat. The snap is pretty tough to snap and unsnap.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  2. billlyb

billlyb New Member

toomuch metal to skin contact, sweat on weapon,uncomfortable my iwb kydex has issues. fwiw[​IMG]
    heres mine, need more kydex though

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014

3. I agree there's definitely trade offs. I don't have it skin on steel though. I wear underwear and thin wife beater under my regular t-shirt so it's not uncomfortable. I also assume in daily carry is going to get more wear and tear so I just clean it more often.

4. billlyb

billlyb New Member

[​IMG]

heres mine need more coverage

5. quick question not change the subject to much how do you like that pistol is it pretty reliable I am looking for one as a back up weapon case my goes down. an I was wondering if this would be a legitimate purchase or worth it. thanks for any responses.

6. also nice holster I haven't seen one like that I think its a cool design small simple and fulfills its purpose

7. I've put over 800 rounds through mine now. I had a few minor issues with Hornady Critical Defense in the first 100 rounds. The slide didn't completely seat the next round when it cycled. It happened two times out of the first 100. I've had no issues since with any type of ammo. I purchased it new less than a month ago. I trust it completely and shoot it well in the 5 to 7 meter distance.

I've got a friend that's put over 2,000 rounds through his and hasn't had any issues.

I have a third friend that had nothing but trouble and is working with Glock right now to get it fixed/replaced. Hers just wouldn't cycle the next round. The next unfired rounds always stovepipes. I'm sure Glock will get her taken care of.

In short, if you're comfortable with .380 and plan on shooting it a bit to get comfortable, I'd say it go for it. I don't regret buying mine and would buy it again. The question of "is it worth it" is pretty subjective though :)

***edit***
    One more thing to add. I bought it specifically to conceal with extremely lightweight summer clothes, hence my interest in minimal holsters and not being too picky about sweat. The G42 is extremely easy to deep conceal and doesn't have the sharp edges my previous Sig P238 had.

8. awesome thank you very much. I am looking at it as a back up weapon but would need to conceal it some how in my uniform. this sounds like just the gun. it just sounds like there may be a break in period

9. Sent you a PM with more details.

Den

10. timekpr1

timekpr1 New Member

billyb - did you make your holster?

11. timekpr1

timekpr1 New Member

Does the gun feel like it is going to fall out of your pants when you bend over or during any other movements?