New Advantage Tactical Sights installed

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by npusmc5811, Apr 14, 2012.

1. npusmc5811

npusmc5811 New Member

I had my new ats sights installed and wow they are awesome I'm a novice pistol shooter and with these sights I was keeping a 3 in group at 25 yards and the sight alignment is fast and natural I highly recamend these sights to any one out to 50 yards is still just a point and shoot hit !

2. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Care to share any pics :)

3. npusmc5811

npusmc5811 New Member

Yea after I finish drill for the day

4. Chukar

Chukar New Member

Which color combo did you go with?

5. npusmc5811

npusmc5811 New Member

Green rear red front

6. npusmc5811

npusmc5811 New Member

Green rear res front worked the best for me

7. AuxSix

AuxSix New Member

Very interested in seeing your pictures when you have a moment. I happen to be in the market and so far Tru Glo TFOs are winning.

8. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

Congrats! I too have these sights and really love them.I have Orange on the back and Green in the front. Having color in different spectrums helps and the geometry is very Natural. I had first use this type of sight on the Steyr M-1 handgun. This sight come standard on the Steyr handguns, but only in white. I did know that these ATS are a little tall and was worries about them not fitting into my IWB holster but it was not a problem.

image-3359069493.jpg

image-3234415338.jpg

image-3957523151.jpg

9. AuxSix

AuxSix New Member

Very awesome pictures! Thank You!

10. Chukar

Chukar New Member

Out of curiosity, once the rear sight was in but not tightened, was there a lot of play?

11. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

There is still equal amounts on either side to shift right or left a bit. A very small amount.
    Here is a quick pict straight down. You can see the small amount of play left and right if needed.

image-322913077.jpg

12. Chukar

Chukar New Member

Sorry, I mean the sight itself is very loose in the dovetail prior to tightening the hex screw all the way?

13. DaSkunk

DaSkunk New Member

Mine has no play in the sight at all. I love these sights quicker to get my sight picture and easier to line up.

14. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

Oh, it fit well. No filing anything down to get it to slide in and center up of alignment.

15. Matthew780

Matthew780 Very Sensitive Guy (^;)

I absolutely love the way these sights are designed. I think they would be "naturally beneficial" to me, personally.

The only con I see is that I need a "one-sight-does-all" system. Advantage is coming out with a night-sight system (pending copyright), but it requires that you "wear" an "illuminator" (is that a word? haha) (additional piece of hardware) to illuminate these existing sights. That's ok for various competitions and any application in some level of light... But within the parameters of the unexpected the only way to assure you'll have night-sight capabilities is to wear the additional hardware all the time. I know I wouldn't do that.

But if Advantage could illuminate these sights without additional hardware, I'd order them in a second.
    I keep fighting the urge to order them regardless, :p.

$0.02

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  16. DaSkunk

DaSkunk New Member

I've got to ask. Do night sights help? Truly have you ever shot in very low light conditions. Wouldn't your eye want to focus more on the sights than the target.
    I've never had to nor practiced this situation. There are light sources that provide enough light in my home at night for me to see a intruder or target and sight it.

17. In low light shooting situations night sights (mine anyways) don't light up bright enough to distract from the target. In no light shooting situations they are great because at that point you are illuminating the target with a flashlight and have no light on your sights to see them. The only time I felt I needed night sights was in no light shooting situations. I'm glad to have night sights on mine. I really would like to try these Advantage Tactical Sights though. I've been wanting to try pushing my shooting out farther but can't because the front sight completely covers the target and then some. :(

18. littleposerfish

littleposerfish New Member

ok i have just officially fell in love. i gots to have me some.

19. SIR

SIR New Member

How much are 'em bad boys?

20. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

About $80 to $90
    You'll like them