New addition question

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by kawiglock, Mar 24, 2012.

1. kawiglock

kawiglock New Member

So I am aware this is a very subjective question. Simply looking for so advice. Wanting to add a new gun to the collection. I currently have a g23. I short weekly. And my wife shoots fairly often with me. Want to add a new gun. Debating a Remington 870 shotgun. Or AR build? I will eventually do both in sure. Any recommendation on which to add first?

2. 66Goat389

66Goat389 New Member

I would buy the shotgun and find a sporting clays or trap range and join.
    That's just me though. I have both and use the shotgun more. Ar15 for me is just a shtf scenario weapon. Love shooting clays.

3. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

I have a Remington Wingmaster 870, which IMHO, is one of the best pump shotguns made. I also have a nice AR-15, but as 66 goat above stated, its purposes are for completely separate reasons.

4. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

I would find a gun for the wife next. Let her pick it out.

Did just that to mine and I have a shooting partner for life. Heck, she even out does me on occassion!

5. kawiglock

kawiglock New Member

Wise words G-23 she's like my g23 a lot but tires out on it. Weve been contemplating getting me something new and doing a conversion on 23 so she can shoot 9mm. She also has the stuck on wanting a revolver. I am leaning more towards a shotgun, but an AR would certainly be more enjoyable for her to shoot.