Never read this one

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by louiespagouie, Jul 11, 2012.

1. louiespagouie

louiespagouie Senior Member

22 hits from a g22 17 of which were center mass.

2. xxlrg

xxlrg New Member

Wow! What a story!

3. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

When I was on the Job I used to share these kinds of Real Life Stories to re-enforce the "Follow Procedures" classes I used to give them during our OJT classes. There are reasons that the proceedures call for things to be done a certain way and usually it has to do with Officer Safety. I know some are BS and are due to Politics but Most are for our Safety! I will print this and share with my Supervisor friends who are still on the job!

4. GastonGlock

GastonGlock New Member

Another example of why we shouldn't buy into the caliber hype. Handgun rounds do not equal rifle rounds. .40 is a great round but it's not a death ray and neither is .45 ACP. Look at the recent incident in my neck of the woods, they had to shoot the crazy a**hole who was eating the homeless mans face 6-7 times to stop him (it was a Glock .40 as well). I'll keep carrying my 9mm and making use of martial arts whenever possible, just remember to watch out for zombies bodily fluids or you'll become infected too :(

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  5. Thesarge

Thesarge "The Sarge"

Failure to stop. It does happen with handguns. And as so wisely posted by others, these failures are not dependent on caliber. Train to seek alternate targets and carry a full capacity semiauto with spare magazines. For those shooters that say my five shot J frame is enough and my single column pistol with no extra magazines will get the job done every time due to their "skill", welcome to the real world. Bill

6. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Thanks for sharing!

A warrior mindset can make all the difference in the world. The suspect had a mindset of completing his mission (killing the officer), that kept him in the battle long after taking several mortal wounds. The officer had a mind set of completing his mission (stopping the threat), and that kept him in the battle after being shot multiple times. In the end the good guys won this one, but unfortunately that's not always the case.

Keep your head on a swivel, keep your guard up, know your surroundings, know an escape route, know your nearest cover or at least concealment, and most importantly maintain that mindset of doing whatever it takes to win the fight.

7. "Remarkably, Palmer had taken 22 hits from Soulis' .40-caliber Glock, 17 of which had hit center mass. Despite the fact that the weapon had been loaded with Ranger SXTs considered by many to be one of the best man-stoppers available Palmer lived for more than four minutes after the last shot was fired."

Even one of the best hallow points out there and it still took 22 of them to stop the a person that only had a small amount of alcohol in his bloodstream. An that hallow point is supposed to penetrate 12 and a half inches.

I wonder if he had the penetration of FMJ if that would have made any difference but regardless if it would or not, bhale187 still hit the nail on the head as in its all about the warrior mind frame.

8. darthraven0

darthraven0 New Member

Sounds like they need to find some sort of exploding round. Lol fire it into the bg and if it doesn't stop him have a button on gun that makes it explode.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  9. GastonGlock

GastonGlock New Member

We need to ban guns so no one will have them. Problem solved. (Sarcasm)

10. darthraven0

darthraven0 New Member

I know right, ban them and no one would have one then all would be safe. Of course criminals will gladly give up their guns once the ban is in effect.

11. GastonGlock

GastonGlock New Member

I'm sure even the most seasoned career criminals would gladly turn in their weapons to contribute to the greater good and advancement of a new age of civil (and UNarmed) society. Special privileges should still apply to the rich & famous.

12. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

This is crazy, the only thing I can think is that the rounds didn't penetrate very far because of shooting through objects? Even so, he still hit him center mass out in the open. It makes me really consider carrying a 9mm because of the larger capacity.

13. That is why I have the +4 on a couple of my G21. I have 18 round of 45.acp. ;)

14. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Another reason I carry FMJs. Alot of folks attack the idea of carrying FMJ, but I've seen and read about too many cases of HPs not pentrating deep enough. Just personal choice of course, but I prefer penetration to expansion.

15. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

A friend at work told me that the main reason a 45acp was used during the Vietnam war was because it was the only round that would stop the bad guys high on drugs.

16. Nyckid211

Nyckid211 New Member

taken from wikipedia page in 1911's I read awhile back:
    American units fighting Moro guerrillas during the Philippine-American War using the then-standard Colt M1892 revolver, in .38 Long Colt, found it to be unsuitable for the rigors of jungle warfare, particularly in terms of stopping power, as the Moros had very high battle morale and frequently used drugs to inhibit the sensation of pain. [7] The U.S. Army briefly reverted to using the M1873 single-action revolver in .45 Colt caliber, which had been standard during the late 19th century; the heavier bullet was found to be more effective against charging tribesmen.