Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a dilemma on my hands. I want a glock 30. I like the 30sf but the 30 feels the same. So here's my dilemma, should I wait till the gen4 comes out whenever that will be? I've heard some of them are having problems with their gen4 or do I just buy a gen3 30 or 30sf? I've heard conflicting release dates for the gen4 to the public? So looking for alittle info and opinions from everybody.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Ed's Public Safety has been selling them since June, the first ones were Blue Label to LEO's only. I should think they'll be available to a wider market soon. The dual RSA gives a much softer feel to the recoil on the .45 ACP, it's very noticeable in the G21 Gen4, and would probably be even more of a benefit in a G30, so it might be worth the wait to get one.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard between a month and the middle of next year. And I thought that the 30 already had the RSA? Then it came out for all models with the gen4? But I might be wrong

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Correct, the G30 Gen 3 comes with a double spring RSA - all subcompact Gen 3's do now, and all Gen 4's do.

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
Unless you feel that you really need the different back straps to adjust the grip I'd just get the Gen3 if it were me. JMHO, YMMV.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only other thing I can think of is the bigger mag release on the gen4. I have seen a few of the extended ones on the gen3 but haven't actually used one. That and how are the textures different between the two?

·
Registered
784 Posts
I hope so too, I want to trade in my gen 3 30 for a gen4. But they got the gen4 within within this past week. I would ask your local gunshop if they can order you one, they won't turn away a sale.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I asked my local Gander store and he looked and it wasn't even in their distributor database yet. So gonna call around and just see if anybody else can maybe get one in. All I want is one lol

·
Registered
784 Posts
hillbillygrunt said:
I asked my local Gander store and he looked and it wasn't even in their distributor database yet. So gonna call around and just see if anybody else can maybe get one in. All I want is one lol
I hope you can find one and post pics of it. What state do you live in?

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
I've held a Gen4 G30 at a gun show...

Still prefer my Gen3 Blue Label G30SF tho...fits my hand like a glove. All I can tell you is handle/shoot them both if possible...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is a random question, do they or have they made the gen3 glock 30 sf in OD? Not a necessity but would still be cool. But I want to get my hands on a gen4 before I make a decision.

·
Registered
784 Posts
The outdoorsman has one in Winthrop harbor, Illinois. If they are out they can order you one. I know this because I live in Gurnee Illinois. They are friendly and will work with you to get the gun you want. And no, I don't work there. They have exceptional customer service.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts