Need some glock help .

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Strummer, Sep 22, 2020.

1. LostinTexas

LostinTexas Well-Known Member

Ditto. A good commercial penetrating oil soak will be a start. Make sure it won't harm plastic or ABS.The Coke trick might speed things along. I guess at this point it might not make a lot of difference.
    I'd wait to hear from Glock first. All the internals will need to be replaced at the very least. The slide looks to be very corroded.
    Good luck.

2. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

I wasn’t paying attention...Thanks.

3. Strummer

Strummer Member

It’s possible they did . The ATF couldn’t test fire it so it was returned to me . Where it was found it was on the backroads from my house to Corpus Cristi Tx . They could of got nervous and dumped cause my camera was in the bag too .

PaPow and Danzig like this.
  4. Strummer

Strummer Member

Finally heard back from them . Wasn’t very helpful. All they told me to do was soak it in oil and tap on the slid to free it up . They they said if that don’t work I could send it in. But no telling what it would cost to even check it out . They would not warranty anything . I don’t have a problem with not warranting it because it’s not a Glock failure.

5. Strummer

Strummer Member

Right now I have it soaking in evap-rust . It looks like it working on the rust pretty good . In a few days I will swap it over to a oil soak . Maybe kroil .

6. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

I have a little bit of a problem with it. You got hit below the belt before Christmas time. I think they could afford to fully replace one of them. IMHO.

7. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

Under the circumstances that you “lost” the gun and because it was not due to misuse on your part, I think it would have been great PR for Glock to give you a new gun.
    On top of that you lost a camera too, and that probably wasn’t cheap either. Maybe they will still give you break if you do send it in.
    I’d do that and see what they quote you at least, but you’ll probably have to pay shipping charges.

8. Strummer

Strummer Member

I took it out of the evpa-rust . Now it’s in marvel oil for a few days

PaPow, Danzig and Lucian_253 like this.
  9. Lucian_253

Are you willing to post progress pics?

Richard Davis and Danzig like this.
  10. Strummer

Strummer Member

Sure can . I will try to take some pictures of it tonight.

PaPow, Hollow-Point and Lucian_253 like this.
  11. Strummer

Strummer Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Here how is how it looks now. Most all of the rust I was worried about is gone . Still in the oil soaking . Will do that until I have time try to take it apart on my next set of days off .

PaPow, Bayou, Richard Davis and 3 others like this.
  12. Pat Harmon

Pat Harmon Well-Known Member Supporter

That makes my heart hurt...

PaPow likes this.
  13. Lucian_253

Are you going to have it bead blasted & recoated?

PaPow likes this.
  14. Strummer

Strummer Member

Don’t plan on it unless it’s necessary.

Lucian_253 likes this.
  15. Politsei

Politsei New Member

16. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

It already looks a lot better after soaking.

PaPow and Strummer like this.
  17. Strummer

Strummer Member

I haven’t really had much time to mess with it this week . I work 7 on 7 off . I’m off now . Plan to get it tore down maybe Sunday or Monday . Just depends how this weekend goes . It’s opening weekend of bow season .

Danzig and PaPow like this.
  18. PaPow

PaPow Well-Known Member Supporter

NunYah
    Wowww, can`t wait to see the outcome. I would have never guessed that you would have gotten as much rust off from it as much as you did. There is still hope. I bet the striker channel is poop. Hope you post more pictures as you go along this journey. Hope you get your G29 back too.

Lucian_253 likes this.
  19. PaPow

PaPow Well-Known Member Supporter

NunYah
    OMG no doubt! I couldn`t believe the difference!

20. Strummer

Strummer Member

That’s just from soaking . Have not brushed or wipe anything off yet.

PaPow and Danzig like this.