Need some glock help .

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Strummer, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Strummer

Strummer Member

Had my g20 stolen about 3 years ago . It was recovered 2 weeks ago . Bad thing was where it was . Was found in the bottom of mission bay . Salt water . Gun is in really good shape . Before it was stolen it had been cerakoted and milled for optics . What’s the best way to free up the slide ? Has rust build up around there the barrel and the slide meet up . I have emailed glock . Hope to send it to them to get refurbished.

PaPow, Politsei and Danzig like this.
  2. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

I hope Glock helps! The custom milling & cerakote may be an issue with them, but let’s hope not. I wish you the best of luck, & congrats on getting your stolen gun back!! I’m sure someone on the forum will have some advice on how to deal with rust, etc.

MyKey likes this.

3. Lucian_253

4. G5Zombify

G5Zombify New Member

Interesting story. I hope Glock helps, they do stand behind their products... Good luck!

Politsei, Lucian_253 and 34MOS like this.
  5. rbbeers

rbbeers Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Apply Liquid Wrench to the areas of concern let them soak (keep the areas 'wet').

Liquid Wrench
    https://www.liquidwrench.com/product/penetrating-oil/

Occasionally tap the muzzle end of the slide (not the barrel) rearward with a non-marring (plastic tipped) hammer to 'jar' the rusted joints.

Eventually, the slide and barrel should break free.

After the slide and barrel are free, clean the rusted areas of the barrel, slide, and frame rails with Liquid Wrench and a steel brush.

By the way, the 'active ingredient' in video in post #3 is phosphoric acid... not only does it dissolve the rust, but it also dissolves (and weakens) other areas of exposed steel as well. :rolleyes:

Good luck! :)

Best regards,

Bob

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    PaPow, Richard Davis, MyKey and 4 others like this.
  6. Strummer

Strummer Member

I emailed Glock , waiting to hear back from them . Here is how it looks .[​IMG][​IMG]

PaPow, Richard Davis and Lucian_253 like this.
  7. Pat Harmon

Pat Harmon Well-Known Member Supporter

I would be so pissed if I got it back like that,but hopefully Glock will help you and perhaps rebuild it..

8. Olga17

Olga17 C19 sounds like G19 Supporter

@Strummer that Glock looks rough.
    Soaking in a penetrating oil would be in order.

Good Luck!

Richard Davis likes this.
  9. Strummer

Strummer Member

I’m just glad I got it back . Even if I can’t salvage it . The other gun of mine didn’t fair very good . They also got a 709 slim . It’s bad . It’s going to get trashed .[​IMG]

10. Pat Harmon

Pat Harmon Well-Known Member Supporter

My handguns are my newest kids now.Only they behave and listen better...lol You are probably correct saying the 2nd gun is too far gone now.. Were they found together??

Danzig likes this.
  11. Strummer

Strummer Member

Yeah . Was stolen close to 3 years ago on Christmas Day . Got me good . 4 guns . All my wife’s jewelry. They were in a pistol safe . With the pistols .Bunch of electronics. Kids Christmas presents still wrapped About 25g worth All guns have been recovered now . Atf still has my g29 . Was used in a commission of a crime . When the last of 5 get sentenced I get it back . I now have a big ass gun safe .

PaPow, Richard Davis, Bayou and 2 others like this.
  12. Lucian_253

That’s why I linked the article I read after posting the video.

13. NQNPIII

NQNPIII Well-Known Member

That's a week of pocket carry for a Taurus!

PaPow, Richard Davis and Danzig like this.
  14. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Looks like they were in an actual boating accident.:p

15. Lucian_253

Have you heard back from Glock, OP?

16. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

This is a chance for Glock customer service to shine. I hope they fix you up.

golfnglock, Olga17 and Lucian_253 like this.
  17. Lucian_253

I couldn’t agree more!!!

18. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

I wonder if the thieves used your gun to commit any crimes. Why else would they throw it in the bay? I guess it could have been an accident though.

19. Lucian_253

The OP said his Glock 29 was the only one tied to a criminal act, which is why he cannot have it back until the trials of the idiots are over.

PaPow, Richard Davis and Bayou like this.