Need some advice

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by darthraven0, Jul 8, 2012.

1. darthraven0

darthraven0 New Member

Currently have a g19 gen 3 on layaway at the lgs but I have been wondering if I should switch it out for a gen4 instead the gen 4is cheaper by about $20 cause the gen 3 has factory night sights.

2. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

Gen4 then just buy some sights

3. I would stay with the Gen 3 since it all ready come with night sights cause those night sights are about an extra 50 to 60 bucks or more if you have some one install them for you.

4. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

If you could actually shoot both of them to compare, that might be helpful. Range rentals perhaps. Or just shoot the Gen 4, if you've already had some experience with the Gen 3 G19. If the Gen 3 is an SF the grip size will be a good match with the Gen4 & small backstrap, the grip texture is different on the Gen 4's, so that might give one a different feel over the other. The option of switching the mag release on the Gen 4 might have some appeal also. The dual recoil springs in my G21 Gen 4 make it a very nice .45 ACP to shoot, but I can't speak to the difference in a G19, don't have one of those. Shoot to compare if you can.

5. I'd stick with the Gen 3 since Night Sights are about a $100 buck option.

6. Two-Guns

Two-Guns New Member

I would get the Gen 3 with night sights.

7. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

I'm a huge Gen4 fan so I'm going to say get the Gen4 then send it to me to add sights and a sweet trigger job to it. ;)

8. darthraven0

darthraven0 New Member

9. darthraven0

darthraven0 New Member

I will take pics of the gun when I get home, as I have noticed some of you can be scoffers of website pics. Lol

10. Graves

Graves New Member

I have a Gen 3 G22 with night sights and My dad has a Gen 4 G22, I can't tell too much of a difference between the two. I would definitely keep the Gen 3, because night sights are an expensive option and you will already have them.

11. darthraven0

darthraven0 New Member

Yeah it's sweet, he got it from a friend of his who is a doc for $550 I offered $700 for it and he said no but it's your when I die. Lol. He is pretty old

12. darthraven0

darthraven0 New Member

Here's the photos of the one I am currently using

Attached Files:

13. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

That is awesome Darth!! I love the checkering look and It goes perfect with the polished slide. Nice!

14. ckuenzer331

ckuenzer331 Member

+1!!! How did you get the checkering look?

15. darthraven0

darthraven0 New Member

Yeah I love it but can't keep it. The one I am getting is just standard.

16. havik72

havik72 Senior Member

+1 for me...although I'd add that the grip texture on the gen 4 is a lot more robust than the gen 3. It hurt my bare hands after a few mags of shooting. If shooting with gloves it would be fine, but my sissy hands just couldn't take it!!! ;-)

17. darthraven0

darthraven0 New Member

I would love to but there is no " range" anywhere near me. I shoot in my backyard. Only one actual gun store here and they don't have a range.

18. darthraven0

darthraven0 New Member

My main concern with the gen 3 is I just don't know how good the glock night sights are