Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently have a g19 gen 3 on layaway at the lgs but I have been wondering if I should switch it out for a gen4 instead the gen 4is cheaper by about $20 cause the gen 3 has factory night sights.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I would stay with the Gen 3 since it all ready come with night sights cause those night sights are about an extra 50 to 60 bucks or more if you have some one install them for you.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
If you could actually shoot both of them to compare, that might be helpful. Range rentals perhaps. Or just shoot the Gen 4, if you've already had some experience with the Gen 3 G19. If the Gen 3 is an SF the grip size will be a good match with the Gen4 & small backstrap, the grip texture is different on the Gen 4's, so that might give one a different feel over the other. The option of switching the mag release on the Gen 4 might have some appeal also. The dual recoil springs in my G21 Gen 4 make it a very nice .45 ACP to shoot, but I can't speak to the difference in a G19, don't have one of those. Shoot to compare if you can.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
I'm a huge Gen4 fan so I'm going to say get the Gen4 then send it to me to add sights and a sweet trigger job to it. ;)

·
Banned
1,000 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a Gen 3 G22 with night sights and My dad has a Gen 4 G22, I can't tell too much of a difference between the two. I would definitely keep the Gen 3, because night sights are an expensive option and you will already have them.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Here's the photos of the one I am currently using
That is awesome Darth!! I love the checkering look and It goes perfect with the polished slide. Nice!

·
289 Posts
SeventiesWreckers said:
If you could actually shoot both of them to compare, that might be helpful. Range rentals perhaps. Or just shoot the Gen 4, if you've already had some experience with the Gen 3 G19. If the Gen 3 is an SF the grip size will be a good match with the Gen4 & small backstrap, the grip texture is different on the Gen 4's, so that might give one a different feel over the other. The option of switching the mag release on the Gen 4 might have some appeal also. The dual recoil springs in my G21 Gen 4 make it a very nice .45 ACP to shoot, but I can't speak to the difference in a G19, don't have one of those. Shoot to compare if you can.
+1 for me...although I'd add that the grip texture on the gen 4 is a lot more robust than the gen 3. It hurt my bare hands after a few mags of shooting. If shooting with gloves it would be fine, but my sissy hands just couldn't take it!!! ;-)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts