Glock Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought an inexpensive UTG OP3 Micro Red Dot which has a MOS mounting footprint.
I want to mount the red dot on my Brownells slide which has an RMR footprint cutout.
Which RMR footprint adaptor plate with the needed MOS screw holes and posts should I buy?
Thanks for your help.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,608 Posts
Yes, that is stated in the various sales pages, but the Manual only refers to and shows the Glock MOS (Plate 01 or 05) and S&W Core Installation. OP3 Micro, Green 4.0 MOA Single Dot, Adaptive Base Cat. OP-RDM20G
I don’t have enough knowledge on the MOS stuff. Hopefully someone here can enlighten us.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The MOS pattern is longer than the RMR cut-out. I guess there are no adaptor plates to be found. The only way would ne to get a plate which mounts into the rear sight (not what I want to do).

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
The MOS pattern is longer than the RMR cut-out. I guess there are no adaptor plates to be found. The only way would ne to get a plate which mounts into the rear sight (not what I want to do).
Have you looked at CHPWS mounting plates? I'm no expert by any stretch, but if your UTG optic shares the same pattern as any of the red dot makers shown in the picture below, you might find something you can use. I've bought three mounting plates from them and they work much better than the plates that come with Glock pistols.
The big selling point of CHPWS is you get more "thread engagement" with them. Thread engagement is when the tiny screws that secure your optic to the slide is actually screwed into more physical threads. They get more threads to engage by supplying you with tiny T-nuts that work with the plate itself. The Glock MOS system lets you mount red dots with the tiny screws engaging only about 3 or 4 threads, while they say their CHPWS plates let the mounting screws engage 6 or 7 threads. Or something like that. Sorry for the poor explanation. Maybe someone else can explain more clearly. The website has installation videos that might clear it up for you.
But the first thing to do is to find out if your UTG red dot has the same hole & post pattern as any of the red dots in the following picture:
Font Number Screenshot Circle

Reactions: Danzig
1 - 9 of 9 Posts