Need HQ Glock 17 Gen 4 Pictures

Discussion in 'Glock Photos' started by Breaks, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Breaks

Breaks New Member

Hi guys, new here.

Basically I would really appreciate those of you who are lucky enough to own a Gen 4 Glock 17 to post a few pictures up here.

Im trying to model a Gen 4 in 3D you see, for my portfolio.

Although there are a few pictures on the internet, its the more fiddly areas im struggling to find images for.

(Forgive my terminology here).

The underside of the grip where you slide the magazine.
    The removable plate from the rear of the grip/how that clips on.
    And some good Magazine shots.

If any of you would be kind enough to post some pics up here I would be hugely grateful!

2. jsimion423

jsimion423 New Member

3. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

That seems like a bit to ask for with a first post. Some of us here are pro photographers and some of us here have a Gen4 G17. I've no issues with a quick iPhone shot of the magwell and the slide cover plate but good magazine shots? My own suggestion would be to spend some time here, contribute and then re-ask.

But that might just be one photographer getting tired of being asked to work for free ;)

4. Webphisher

Here's a few iPhone shots of the areas, if I'm reading right.

http://us.glock.com/products/model/g17 is a 3d model of the gun that rotates and they have a ton of dimensions for the gun.

Attached Files:

5. Breaks

Breaks New Member

I live in the UK, so access to guns is pretty much none existent unless I break the law.

If its too much to ask that's cool. I just thought one person would like to help out another person. I'm not after "pro" shots, just an idea of how the guns made up. Right now I'm kinda just guessing and although you might not see the underside of the gun much its annoying me that its not accurate.

Buying a gun just to model it is a little bit extreme, although I'd love to own one.

I've even looked at buying a gas blowback G17, but they're only made in Gen 3. (Plus I'd need an airsoft license too)!

No worries chaps, guess I'll ask somewhere else. :)

EDIT: Just seen those images. Thanks very much webphisher, I'm very grateful. :)

6. littleposerfish

littleposerfish New Member

those was some great pics. that was kind of you to help webphisher

7. Webphisher

I'll chalk it up to language differences lol. When I hear magazine shots that means high quality pro shots.

8. bfish

bfish Member

You have to have a license for airsoft!? I'm going to be in Spain for 4 months and the thought of being in Europe without guns for that long has me depressed but it may be worse that I imagined!

9. Breaks

Breaks New Member

Yeah, I didn't mean magazine as in something you read. I meant the actual mag. :) Never mind, thanks again for taking the trouble to upload these pictures.

There are very subtle differences between the Gen 3 and 4 and its just a case of picking them out. i'm sure you guys can see them straight away.

And yeah, you have to have a licence for airsoft guns I think, normal BB guns is fine. I think its anything over a certain velocity where a licence kicks in. If I buy a premium airsoft gun from a site, I have to have it painted orange/blue so it looks like a toy! All black ones or anything which looks like a "real" gun is a no no....Which is awful...

Am I right in thinking the Gen 4's grip has changed around the front, at the bottom of the grip. The Gen 3 kinda curved up as it wrapped around the front of the grip in a semi circle, but the Gen 4 now goes straight across?

Just to give you guys an indication of where im at, and where im struggling heres a couple of rough shots.

[​IMG]

10. Webphisher

Well then that makes more sense, ignore my rude rambling before LOL.

Attached Files:

11. Webphisher

And the rest of them.

Attached Files:

12. Webphisher

Attached Files:

13. Breaks

Breaks New Member

wow, just got in from work! Thanks so much man. You've been a huge help! Im gonna try to get most of this finished on tomorrow and sunday and I'll post my progress for you guys to cast your eyes over. :)

Thanks again man. HUGE help. :)

14. Breaks

Breaks New Member

OK guys, heres where I'm at at the minute. (With the help of webphisher & MrG2286).

[​IMG]

I'm struggling on the areas indicated by the arrows. The cylindrical area, and where that ends(arrow pointing to the right), and if the cut in detail flows all the way down the magazine slide area. Mainly because its quite a complex shape and I cant get my head around it! Heh.

Any help again would be hugely appreciated! Thanks! Gaz.

15. Webphisher

If I'm measuring right they go down 35mm.

16. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum Breaks !!

And Webphisher...don't play at being a moderator.

That's what I'm here for...OK ?!