Need help

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by mcfred, Jun 26, 2012.

1. mcfred

mcfred New Member

Need some help putting my Glock 17 back together I replaced my slide stop and I took out the two pins and they will not go back in they go in about half way then that's it

2. mcfred

mcfred New Member

Can some one in the area of allentown pa help me with my glock

I replaced my slide lock and I took out the two pins and u get them in half way and they will not go in any further

3. mcfred

mcfred New Member

And it's a Glock 17 9mm

4. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Make sure your locking block is seated all the way in the frame, insert the locking block pin from R-L. Insert your SSL, insert your trigger pin from R-L. You may have to push the SSL forward a little so the hole lines up with the trigger pin. The pin should slide right in.

5. mcfred

mcfred New Member

Ok I'll try it if that don't work then what

6. mcfred

mcfred New Member

And thank you I'm still learning about my Glock

7. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Just look through the holes in your frame. You should be able to tell what is not lined up. I am assuming you just removed the two pins and the old SSL and everything is in the gun correctly. The only things that could not lined up are: locking block (push it down), trigger (look through the hole and line it up before putting in the SSL if necessary, and finally the SSL itself (when you put it in and look through the hole, line it up and put the trigger pin in).

Make sure to put the top pin in FIRST

8. mcfred

mcfred New Member

Thanks I put the bottom one in frist and it half way and got stuck can't take it out at all bit I can turn it around

9. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

Put the top pin in first, the insert the slide lock lever. When installing the bottom pin, wiggle the slide lock lever around, pin should push right in.

10. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Have you tried jiggling the slide release up and down while pushing in the pin?

Did you put them in the opposite way you took them out?

D

11. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

I hope you are not using a hammer. If you can't work it out by hand, I would either find an armorer in your area...or post your location here and hopefully there is someone local who can help you out. There is only one way to do it as described by Birddog and I above. The items I listed above are the only things that could *possibly* be not lined up. I just hope you weren't using a hammer and have it jammed in the frame cockeyed. The reason you need to put the top pin in first is because the spring on the SSL MUST be underneath it. It is impossible if you put the bottom (trigger pin) in first.

12. mcfred

mcfred New Member

I think I put it in the wrong way but I'll get it I'm going to take it to where I got it so they can help

13. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Good, let us know how it goes.

14. mcfred

mcfred New Member

No I didn't and thanks I'm going to take it to where I got it may be they can help or I'll just find a gunsmith here in Allentown pa

15. mcfred

mcfred New Member

Ok I'll let u guys know I'll feel like idiot but I'm still learning how to take it apart and put it together

16. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

I think you'll be fine...your just unfamiliar with your weapon right now. You'll get it straightened out and learn from it.

17. mcfred

mcfred New Member

Thank you for trying to help and I can all way come on here an ask stuff

18. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

......you bet!

19. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

Before you ruin an expensive weapon and maybe hurt yourself in the process, go to www.Glockstore.com and get Lenny Magills DVD, "The Complete Glock". It's excellent.

20. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Just don't use a hammer like Lenny!