Glock Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the range yesterday. Shot pretty good up to 75 feet with my glock 23 and center mass and head shots. Even though I did good If I do miss its always high and left. What am I doing? How do I fix it?

·
Registered
27 Posts
right handed? I had this problem a few years ago and finally realized I was trying too hard to pull the trigger and putting more pressure on the bottom of my palm than anywhere else. That was my problem.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shaunmcfd said:
right handed? I had this problem a few years ago and finally realized I was trying too hard to pull the trigger and putting more pressure on the bottom of my palm than anywhere else. That was my problem.
Yes I am right handed that may be my problem. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rivalarrival said:
Balance a dime on your front sight. Dry fire. Dime shouldn't move.

If you have access to a laser, turn it on, dry fire. Laser beam shouldn't move off target.

Hand the gun to someone else, see if they shoot to the same spot.

Dry fire a bajillion times. Then do it again.
That's sounds like a good way to practice and the chart is cool looks like that can help anyone

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rivalarrival said:

If you have access to a laser, turn it on, dry fire. Laser beam shouldn't move off target.

I've heard mixed stories about dry firing I take it with the glock it's ok to? Sorry I'm a new glock guy so gotta learn

·
Hail Commifornia
6,370 Posts

+1, I agree this is good practice and will help if you are pulling

·
Registered
170 Posts
I agree 100%. You can never dry fire too much.

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
My favorite dry fire is instead of the dime, take some spent brass and balance it on the end of the barrel and pull trigger. If it falls you goofed. Start with some 9mm brass then when you think you're really good move to .22 :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts