NEED HELP/want inside vest holster for BUG

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by chadsaalfrank, Jun 21, 2012.

1. chadsaalfrank

chadsaalfrank New Member

I have been looking everywhere for ideas on wearing my BUG inside my vest.... not alot of luck. Anyone have any ideas or anyone wear theirs in the vest? Thank you

2. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

What vest? Most vests that have a CCW compartment are lined with Velcro...

3. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

4. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Maxpedition has Velcro holsters, 5.11, blackhawk... Heck I bet MikeP could make one!

Lots of options, but Velcro will only work if you have your vest lined with Velcro...

5. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Knowing what you're carrying as a BUG might also help. There are many options, though I'm not sure about inside your vest. That would make it difficult to get to...

6. chadsaalfrank

chadsaalfrank New Member

I dont have any velcro on the inside of the vest. it is an outer carrier. Im looking to hold a g27. I could have a velcro patch sewed to the inside of the carrier, I never thought of that. I currently carry a .38 airweight hammerless on my ankle.... mabey i could switch them, .38 in the vest and g27 on the ankle?

7. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

If it were me, I'd go with something like what Blades posted there. I can't imagine that any gun on the inside of your vest is going to be comfortable. Body armor's uncomfortable enough without jamming a gun into your body.

8. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Ditto! Crossbreed has a holster designed for a backup weapon on an armor vest as well… http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/L...efault.aspx?SortField=ProductName,ProductName

9. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    I can see you possibly using a clip draw to hang it on a strap or pocket on the vest. I think it would be more accessible if you have an exterior trauma plate pocket.
    I used a holster that attached to the elastic strap but didn't like it that much.
    The G27 on the ankle didn't work out for me like the J frame Smith Airweight. It wouldn't sit right on the ankle, was too big, weighed more and was obvious I was wearing a gun on my ankle.
    I wanted to carry the micro Glock because it used the same ammo as my duty gun in case something happened to my primary.
    The holsters the other members posted seem like your best bet.
    Or just keep wearing the J frame on your ankle:)