Glock Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking everywhere for ideas on wearing my BUG inside my vest.... not alot of luck. Anyone have any ideas or anyone wear theirs in the vest? Thank you

·
Banned
1,214 Posts

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Maxpedition has Velcro holsters, 5.11, blackhawk... Heck I bet MikeP could make one!

Lots of options, but Velcro will only work if you have your vest lined with Velcro...

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Knowing what you're carrying as a BUG might also help. There are many options, though I'm not sure about inside your vest. That would make it difficult to get to...

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont have any velcro on the inside of the vest. it is an outer carrier. Im looking to hold a g27. I could have a velcro patch sewed to the inside of the carrier, I never thought of that. I currently carry a .38 airweight hammerless on my ankle.... mabey i could switch them, .38 in the vest and g27 on the ankle?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Have you seen THIS?
I dont have any velcro on the inside of the vest. it is an outer carrier. Im looking to hold a g27. I could have a velcro patch sewed to the inside of the carrier, I never thought of that. I currently carry a .38 airweight hammerless on my ankle.... mabey i could switch them, .38 in the vest and g27 on the ankle?
If it were me, I'd go with something like what Blades posted there. I can't imagine that any gun on the inside of your vest is going to be comfortable. Body armor's uncomfortable enough without jamming a gun into your body.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,080 Posts
I can see you possibly using a clip draw to hang it on a strap or pocket on the vest. I think it would be more accessible if you have an exterior trauma plate pocket.
I used a holster that attached to the elastic strap but didn't like it that much.
The G27 on the ankle didn't work out for me like the J frame Smith Airweight. It wouldn't sit right on the ankle, was too big, weighed more and was obvious I was wearing a gun on my ankle.
I wanted to carry the micro Glock because it used the same ammo as my duty gun in case something happened to my primary.
The holsters the other members posted seem like your best bet.
Or just keep wearing the J frame on your ankle:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts