Need help. I can not get this off of my barrel?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by parkeral, Jun 26, 2012.

1. parkeral

parkeral New Member

I had my barrel polished and beadblasted about 3 months ago and it is the perfect finish for me. BUT, there is this almost black cloudiness that is on it and I have no clue what it is. I have tried getting it off twice, once with a scrubber and some solvent but it did not work. Anyone had this before? And how do I get it off without changing the finish it has.

Attached Files:

2. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Non-chlorinated brake cleaner and a couple of patches.

3. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Miracle Cloth. You can get it in Walmart and it's cheap. It is the only thing I've found that takes off the black rings on the front of revolver cylinders.

4. parkeral

parkeral New Member

5. dannystockdaile

dannystockdaile New Member

For ya'll that have trouble getting things off guns and stuff, try some stuff called M.E.K. I used it when I was in the AF. It is very very flammable but it will get anything off of anything. Be very careful and thank you.
    Danny Stockdaile
    USAF, Retired
    PS: MEK. Stands for methyl. ethal, keytone DO NOT BREATH AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  6. you all are obviously old farts without a mile on a bike under your belts. Mothers Mag polish is the nuts for cleaning the cylinder face on wheel guns. NON TOXIC. a litle goes a long way. 2 minutes or less of light rubbing and BAM. Clean with the added advantage of next time being easier.