Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all... I have finally killed the darn thing after about three years of heavy use... It's been in snow, heat, dirt, mud, swimming, deep sea fishing, survived a cyclone, and now it finally died.

So I am looking a getting a new one...

The new watch must be digital, with 24 hour time, and be waterproof and rugged.

All other features are a plus but are not required...

Any suggestions?

(FYI, the watch was a Timex expedition.)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Casio G-Shock if they still make them. They cannot be killed by normal means. When you get it buy a few extra bands for it as it will outlast many.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
The Casio G-Shock or another Timex Expedition. I've been wearing my Timex on duty now for 6 years and only replaced the batteries and strap once.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Argyle_Armoring said:
The Casio G-Shock or another Timex Expedition. I've been wearing my Timex on duty now for 6 years and only replaced the batteries and strap once.
6 years! Nice! I bought mine at the cabelas bargain cave already broken and with no warranty... Lasted great for a watch I bought for the price of a Wally world special!

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Yeah, I'm wearing it right now. I bought it at Target while I was in the police academy in 2006.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Argyle_Armoring said:
Yeah, I'm wearing it right now. I bought it at Target while I was in the police academy in 2006.
Might get another Timex! Been eyeballing the 511 watches and suunto though. Any thoughts in theses?

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
The 5.11's are out of my price range.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can find them online for about $160... It's cool cause they come with a long distance shot calculator...

·
Glockin’ since 1993
34,924 Posts
My brother has worn the Suunto for 6 years. The watch is very durable. Only negatives ate through batteries found a brand that lasts longer but I think about a year is most it'll last. They use plastic instead of crystal which scratches pretty bad. They value making the lens shatterproof over clarity. Alot of highspeed guys run the Suunto.
Personally I like the Casio Gshocks for hard work use. The face is sunk in and protected from damage on most models and have light feature that Suunto doesn't have.
I use a Luminox but I like analog display.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
I'd say one of the citiZen Eco drive watches. Never needs a battery and syncs atomically. Te dive versions are pretty bomb proof. But they're not digital so that's right out.

Ive had two Suunto core watches. You can always get them on sale from backcountry.com. Awesome customer service. I just sold my last one as I'm not climbing as much anymore so I don't need the altimeter and the barometer.

I really like some of the Casio expedition watches. Those are also atomic so you're never worried about the "right" time.

The old standby time ironman is a good watch. I wore one for 10yrs before I stopped wearing it (don't go with my job attire).

D

·
just wants to watch the world burn.
1,021 Posts
+1 on the G-shock. I got my classic model offline for 70 bucks. Its getting mud on it and under water every weekend.

·
Premium Member
12,752 Posts
I also have a Casio G Shock. It is an analog/digital, with shock resistance, and is water resistant to 200 meters. I think it's the best watch for your buck. Still want a Luminox, but can't justify $500 for a watch.

image-1605144503.jpg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts