My wife's new Glock 26 gen3

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by mckm/Glock36, Feb 29, 2012.

1. mckm/Glock36

mckm/Glock36 New Member

2. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Nice, I may end up getting a G26 and G30 for GSSF shoots.

3. Harley

Harley New Member

Very nice. Are they being used for carry concealed?

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum mckm/Glock36

5. veramc

veramc New Member

Very nice. Maybe you could give me some advice. I'm a woman and looking for a new conceal carry. I have a S&W 357 and love it. The trigger pull is an issue, not at range be in an emergency. I also have a sig p238 another one I love, but in this case the slide is difficult for me. I own a jewelry store and with the economy more people are desperate and I need to be a bit more causous. So, I'm looking for a small conceal with a short easy trigger pull. Heaven forbid I was ever in that situation, but if so it would be most likely more than one person. My accuracy isn't a problem but I need something quick and easy. Not one with a 10lbs trigger pull like my S&W Can anyone please give me some advice on what would be a good choice for me?

6. mckm/Glock36

mckm/Glock36 New Member

Not currently, we live in Illinois. They will both be used for cc when we move to Florida in the coming year :)

7. mckm/Glock36

mckm/Glock36 New Member

My wife tried out a kahr, Springfield xd, sig, and a few other pistols before ultimately deciding on the g26. The stock trigger on the glock I believe is 5.5 lbs (very easy pull ), also easy to change to a 3.5 lbs trigger if you wanted! As for as advice goes, I'd say go to a local range that rents out pistols so you could feel them out yourself. And yes hopefully you never have to be put in that situation, hope this helps.

8. triggerhappy

triggerhappy New Member

I'm a petite female and conceal carry a G26 easily and comfortably. Trigger pull of 5.5lbs shouldn't be a concern. Just try to get used to it by shooting it often.

9. Jacks1911

Jacks1911 New Member

The fact that you admit you have trouble racking the slide on a semi-automatic makes me think you should stick with a revolver. You said you have a S&W .357 but didn't say which model it is but I'm assuming it's a revolver due to your comment on the difficulty you have pulling the trigger, so, yours must be a double action and that's what creates your problem. I have a S&W 686 SSR .357 MAG so I know what you mean.
    Recently I've been looking for a gun for my wife and she has some of the same restrictions you do, she's not strong at all.
    My suggestion for you is to find a range close to you that offers rentals, try out some of the S&W revolvers such as the "637", 638, and 642.
    Good Luck