Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy did we go at it today! My wife feels that the federal government should ban most firearms. All just because some people decide to use firearms to harm people! Yes she does hate me owning firearms....

Look at all the responsible gun owners here in the United States!!!! What percentage of us use firearms to hurt people? If I'm correct theres about 80 million gun owners in America with a combining total of 258 million guns.

I will continue to purchase what guns I want legally, regardless of what she thinks and I will continue to educate my kids on firearm safety!

Yeah, I can resect her opinion she also has to respect my right to bare arms!!! I will always own guns no matter what she says....

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Tell her the government should ban all fast food, prepackaged cakes and cookies, chips, soda, and all manufactured food, cars, bicycles, power tools, etc. etc.

These kill or injur more each year and incur more in total costs to the community and government than firearms do.

Furthermore, I never heard of someone saying a high-fat diet saved their life.

d

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Cars kill more people then guns do. You should have her read this:
http://www.metro.us/newyork/local/article/1145343--cars-kills-more-new-yorkers-than-guns

http://gothamist.com/2011/06/09/guns_kill_people_but_traffic_kills.php#photo-1

Or Doctors kill more people annually then guns: http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/12/29/155404.shtml

http://www.politifact.com/florida/s...aims-more-die-accident-medical-misadventures/

I could post tons of links showing the most horrific murders of all time that didn't involve firearms. They used slow, painful, torturous ways to end their victims lives.

Just saying. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
What your wife said is express her emotion and fear. I suggest she do her own research and come to educated conclusion. That criminals will always destroy and the only thing we can do is protect against such evils. And you the good Shepard to your sheep.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My wife has always hated guns and always will! I have started her out on 22lr pistols with no avail...

She has never come between my daughters and I so far! Every time I go to the range the girls go with me period!!!! I will continue to teach them the proper way to handle firearms and not to mention "their right to bare arms"

·
Registered
559 Posts
My wife doesn't mind my guns as she grew up shooting. She does however feel her plane is going to crash every time we fly. No facts, no form of logical argument can persuade her otherwise, so all i can do is try and provide comfort when we fly..........I am glad she likes guns.

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
cant legislate safety. lol
You don't have to. As long as the Lib-tards make you "feel" safer that is all that matters. Beef up patrols (which have been proven not to do anything in the Kansas City Experiment), create "gun free" zones, stop people from being able to buy ammo online, and ban all guns. Man, I feel safer already :) I wish I lived in the "safest big city" as Bloomberg called it lol.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
You don't have to. As long as the Lib-tards make you "feel" safer that is all that matters. Beef up patrols (which have been proven not to do anything in the Kansas City Experiment), create "gun free" zones, stop people from being able to buy ammo online, and ban all guns. Man, I feel safer already :) I wish I lived in the "safest big city" as Bloomberg called it lol.

oh man... bloomberg haha.
i feel ya there man. liberal safety is an illusion
if only we could legislate common sence and eradicate naive-ness. haha

·
Banned
654 Posts
I for one do not care if they ban certain firearms IF we can keep what we have even if they put that firearm on the list. As if they ban the AR weapons but if we have them we can keep them but if for some reason they get it they can destroy it. My reasoning is that my weapons on their list will be worth at least 5 times what it is worth now, maybe 10 times. I love firearms and shoot them all the time but I am in it also for the money as well.

people will care for their weapons better than they do now and it will also be passed down to generations deeper than they do now.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I understand where you're coming from for your personal stake in it, but that's the most selfish and shortsighted argument I've ever seen. Considering the primary intent of the 2nd Amendment, banning those 'certain' firearms would have a long term detrimental effect on our country.

·
Banned
654 Posts
I understand where you're coming from for your personal stake in it, but that's the most selfish and shortsighted argument I've ever seen. Considering the primary intent of the 2nd Amendment, banning those 'certain' firearms would have a long term detrimental effect on our country.
it is going to happen anyways and I don't care about anything when I am dead and gone, this earth is not going to last forever. I am in it for the sport and the money. It will not be just for me but for everyone who owns weapons. If they want to outlaw guns all they have to do is outlaw ammo, there is nothing in the 2nd about not outlawing ammo. It would be nothing but a stroke of a pen. Some people worried about the 2nd, what are you doing about it other than going to a forum and ***** about it. I support the NRA and they get the money to do my part.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Educating people and keeping a close eye on my Congressman & Senators, along with contacting them on the issues. In my case, it's not really necessary as they all have 100% records on 2nd Amendment issues, but I do it anyway. I'm a NRA member, a USCCA member, an Armed Citizen's Legal Defense Fund member, a Georgia Carry.org member (those are all paid memberships) and on several forums.

I don't agree that it's a foregone conclusion, with gun ownership on the rise and public sentiment changing over the decades. You don't care what happens after you're gone...even when it comes to your family?

I care about the future of my family and the future of my country, because the future of this country will have a significant impact on my family.

·
Banned
654 Posts
I don't agree that it's a foregone conclusion, with gun ownership on the rise and public sentiment changing over the decades. You don't care what happens after you're gone...even when it comes to your family?

I care about the future of my family and the future of my country, because the future of this country will have a significant impact on my family.
not even when it comes to my family when I am dust, I care now but a different story when I am gone. I just see things from another viewpoint. I can understand your feelings and I am sure many others feel the same as you do; that is the human way. Would you shoot your parents to save 10 others that you do not know? just something to stew on, do not want you to answer it.

·
8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)
3,451 Posts
Tape said:
I for one do not care if they ban certain firearms IF we can keep what we have even if they put that firearm on the list. As if they ban the AR weapons but if we have them we can keep them but if for some reason they get it they can destroy it. My reasoning is that my weapons on their list will be worth at least 5 times what it is worth now, maybe 10 times. I love firearms and shoot them all the time but I am in it also for the money as well.

people will care for their weapons better than they do now and it will also be passed down to generations deeper than they do now.
That's probably the most absurd thing I've read to date on this forum. Think through what you wrote please.

I would imagine you are thankful the people who came before you and fought for your right to bear arms today didn't think the way you do.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I am very lucky my wife, Gagal, shares the same views on firearms as I do. Both of us are strong supporters for the 2nd Amendment and are thankful for the generations that came before us to allow us the right to keep and bear arms.

·
Banned
654 Posts
That's probably the most absurd thing I've read to date on this forum. Think through what you wrote please.

I would imagine you are thankful the people who came before you and fought for your right to bear arms today didn't think the way you do.
absurd really lol, if we didn't have it we would not miss it. That is not what they fought for, never has the US ever fought for the right to bear arms. If my reply is so absurd, what is it that you replied:rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Apologies to the OP. This has gotten off your original topic.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.