Glock Firearms banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just my views on my first light were sure fire incandescent light bought an M6 250 and 500 lumens veryexpensive to buy and use take 6 cr123a batteries and the head gets way over 100degrees. I bought a couple more before leds became the thing to have, Z3, 6pl,and others. Then I found out that sure fire was making LED heads for most of mylights which I gladly bought a few KX4 heads which also in a short time getvery hot. Then one of my wholesalers turned me on to O-Light all LED 500 lumengreat light uses 2 cr123 batteries to produce 500 lumens strobe and 3 levels oflight and the head does not get hot I know I used the first one I bought toreplace a new faucet under the sink had it on for well over an hour and thehead stayed cool. Plus I didn’t have to change batteries after just an hour. SoI bought several more of them from 500 to 800 Lumens. I tried an inforce light uses 3 batteries to produce 300 lumens9vx is a nice light but if you want output this isn’t the light to buy. Then Ibought a couple YI-lights from china all aluminum made just like O-Light alittle cheaper but can get 550 lumens out of 2 batteries strobe SOS and 3levels of light. They make a few lights it’s a new company I just got a samplein it’s the same as the surefire lawman at 455.00 cost for me 120.00 650 lumenscharges at home or in the car via a USB port built into the light. They alsomake an AK47 at 835 lumens with strobe SOS and 3 levels of light but uses 4 cr123batteries or 2 18560 rechargeable ones. So in my collection of light surefiremakes a good Light But you are paying for the name inforce makes a good lightbut really not impressed with the one I have 3 batteries to get 300 lumen I don’tthink so. When I can get almost twice that using 2. I know on ebay there aresome really cheap lights but what I have so far work great and have a verybright beam of concentrated white light. We buy glocks that aren’t made in the USA so maybe china has the marketon LED lights. Just my 2 cents

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,457 Posts
I've burned through cheap lights until I got Surefires. The problem is durability in most of these foreign lights. Some have nice light output but under heavy use or dropping they tend to break. We had Surefire clones on paintball guns. They wouldn't work even within a single game. Yes Surefires are expensive but they are because they have extensive R&D, testing and military specs they meet or exceed. Even my CABELA'S brand lights didn't hold up. I still have every one of my Surefires I've bought going back over 15 years. The only other light that has held up are my Streamlights and Maglites.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts