Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcSQ-eeUd1g&context=C4162b58ADvjVQa1PpcFMgxhhQ_sXAZCQIF-wZrKwm8pZGIiDMDpo=[/ame]

This was the stance I used last time at the range(I'm in the maroon shirt) Could I make any better based on your expreinces? Or any thing you think I could experament with to help find my spot? The match I was shooting was duelling.

Cheers

·
Registered
572 Posts
I want to do that. What was the point of that though. Like what was the goal. All I can do is go to indoor because the outdoors r expensive.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, shooting paper targets to get a scorer that puts you on the score board. The targets turn at different times... But that's not the point of my question. I want to know if any of you can look at my stance while shooting and give tips or give other ways of going about my stance so I can I work on it... I just mentioned what match I was doing for the sake of it...

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
I can't see your support hand, so I can't comment on that. This is nitpicking haha, because you don't have a terrible stance or anything. Maybe just spread your feet shoulder width apart instead of right under you to give a better base. And possibly shifting some of the weight on the balls of your feet instead of hunching so much. It's a more natural stance especially if you had to move while shooting. That's why the ready stance for nearly any sport is on the balls of your feet. You have great recoil management because the gun hardly moved.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My support hand is palm on the grip with index finger griping the the front of the trigger guard

·
Registered
285 Posts
You have a good stance. Your upper body is leaned forward whic is great for recoil control and fast follow up shots. If you watch Dave sevigny shoot he also leans into the stance. There is a video that shows proof that stance gives you better control for faster shooting.

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
Take your finger off the trigger guard! lol It's not causing you any danger or anything, but you could potentially pull the shot. This video helped me greatly with my grip:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm9uG5bPubw[/ame]

Not everyone likes it, but it improved my accuracy greatly.

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Yea...couldn't really see your hand / arm the way the video was taken...

but, as others have mentioned...you seemed to lean into the shot and that

aggressive stance is good. How are both of your feet planted ?

I tend to shoot with my body slightly turned to the right...strong side

ie, not full profiled and squared to the target like you...left arm / elbow bent

and right arm slightly bent as I look down the arm to the sights...knees slightly bent

and body more leaning into the shot...a modified Weaver Stance...

( pic below with my body still turned more away from the target )

Your stance seems more based on the Isosceles stance ( pic below )...

which is neither good nor bad...if that's what you are comfortable with

and hit the target doing...

·
Registered
216 Posts
When I first started shooting (after a loooong break of several years) I tried both the Isosceles and modified Weaver. I only use the modified Weaver now and has improved my shooting a lot. I'm not sure of the rules of competition, is the Weaver even allowed in this type competing?

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
So, how did you do in that video competition ?!

What are the rules and how is it scored...you said "duel"

were you shooting against all the people there or timed ?

What is the name of that type of discipline ?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The targets turn. So they exposé the targets for I think 60sec and you place 5 rounds on target. Then it's target exposed for 3 secs hidden for 7 secs place a shot on target done five times... Then 10 secs to place five shots on target. It's scored the same as ISSF and against the other shooters.. Its a 65 round match, That night we had 30 shooters split up in 3 details. I will post a video showing the targets when I get home later...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I opt for a modified weaver, but modified to be a hybrid of the isosceles and the weaver. This allows me to keep my shoulders even while moving and taking defensible positions.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I prefer the "Weaver" stance myself but if it comes down to me and the bad guy any way I can get a shot off is what works for me.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts