My search is over

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by dutchs, Jun 8, 2012.

1. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I have searched high and low for a big bore rifle. It has ended! Any donations will be accepted:D:D Just kidding!! Anyone have any experience with this rifle or a similar one? Please, all input will be taken as wise advice or constructive criticism!

[​IMG]
    Mannlicher Big Bore

STEYR MANNLICHER is proud to present the first bolt action rifle in calibre .450 Marlin. Thanks to the new development from STEYR MANNLICHER, the MANNLICHER BIG BORE will be available with a 3+1 round magazine, and combined with the HC-Kit, with a 7+1 round magazine
    Big bore.jpg

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  2. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

This ugly gun??? ;):D

[​IMG]

Whats the price for ammo?
    What you want it for?

3. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Hunting Grasshoppers! Exspensive!! Does that have anything to do with the gun??:eek::eek::D

4. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

You want a scope on that? Never heard of a .450 rifle round… sounds like a fun shot.

how much those go for?

5. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

It's beautiful!! For Big Game hunting!! About 14 to 15 hundred bucks! And worth every penny! How do you go wrong with an AUSTRIAN MADE rifle!! It is .450 Marlin!!

6. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Not too bad actually!!!

You going for the hogs, or moose and caribou, deer, or bear?!?!?!?

7. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I have a cousin that lives in ALASKA and he asked me a while back to come up, better to have more and not need it than to not have enough and need it, besides, I love the gun and a big bore is from what I hear like nothing else!!!

8. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

I have always wanted to go to alaska and hunt grizzly!!!! need a bigger gun, or i can go with my friend who goes with his SW 500 mag…

9. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

.450 Marlin is as much as you will ever need! It will drop an ELEPHANT!! Really!! I have my .308 for the other things like Hawgs and Deer!

10. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

so you planning a trip for the gun when you get it????

Grizzly or moose/caribou???
    What does the round look like?

11. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

More than enough for anything in Florida. You plan on some traveling :)

12. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

13. ^^^^ You have my attention now! lol What is the recoil like if it shoots that big enough round?

The bigger the round the better I all ways say. ;)

14. glocknloaded

Now that's a handy chart!!!

15. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Anticipating an Alaska trip one day!

16. glocknloaded

Man that would be amazing......!!

17. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I'm so freakin lucky dude!! I have a cousin, retired Army now, Just happens to have a huge cabin in Alaska and works up there for the Gov. , He said, ANYTIME!!! Now that to me is COOL!!!!

18. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Me am Mucho Jealous!!!

19. glocknloaded

Man get that rifle and get going!!!! (I know only if it was that easy)

20. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

It'll get it done. Most people think of the .450 Marlin as a "Modernized" version of the .45-70. But it really lives in the .458 Winchester Magnum family.

Here's a pic. The .450 Marlin on the left, and the Winchester 458 Magnum on the right. You might like Peter Hathaway Capstick's books. He'll have you facing down charging beasts, holding cigar sized cartridges between your fingers, and celebrating the beauty of what a big solid can do when it's well placed. He's funny to read too.

Attached Files: