Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ladies and gentlemen, after shooting lots of Glocks and tireless nights of searching for the best deal I could find, I finally settled on my new toy. I went with a Glcok 17 Gen3 with custom Trijicon "i" night sights (gun was ordered custom for a buyer, turns out he didn't want to wait the entire time for it to come in, so I picked it up) for $619. I know its a little more than I wanted to spend, but good deal with the sights on it, they glow brighter than anything I've ever seen...... anyways, here are some pictures too, pardon the terrible quality, they are from my phone.

P.S. I already ordered my chrome extended 4-piece kit, grip plug, and my Armorer's tool. :)

Attachments

·
Banned
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also, I have it loaded with my favorite defense round, ZombieMax!! :)

Attachments

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Purdy! Congrats on your new purchase!

·
Banned
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Im VERY excited!

·
Banned
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
btw, that pic does NOT do justice to how BRIGHT those sights really are.... plus the acquisition time with the I setup is insane!!! SUPER FAST!!

·
Banned
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
came with 2 of those gen 4 mags

·
Banned
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
same kind of sight as the ameriglo, but its not ameriglo, its got trijicon stamped on it

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
same kind of sight as the ameriglo, but its not ameriglo, its got trijicon stamped on it
They are Ameriglo's. I have Ameriglos that I bought new still in package and mine are stamped with Trijicon. The Ameriglo night sites are stamped with Trijicon because Ameriglo sends the sites to Trijicon for the tritium tubes to be installed, then they are sent back to Ameriglo to be sold.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
FYI......

AmeriGlo night sights are powered by Trijicon tritium tubes, and so marked. In the words of AmeriGlo's Rick Callihan, "We make the metal here in Georgia, then send it to Trijicon where the tritium is installed. Trijicon sends it back to us and we then distribute the finished product." Those who haven't seen tritium sights at night but are old enough to remember radium numbers on wrist watches can visualize approximately how three dot tritium night sights look in the dark.
http://www.chuckhawks.com/ameriglo_night_sights.htm

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
curious as to that being Glock shipping Gen3s with Gen4 mags now, or a dealer switch out.

Nothing wrong with Gen4 mags in a gen3, just curious is all
I was told by Smyna that the Gen4 mags are the only new ones being produced now. Since the Gen3 guns are still being made it's possible this is happening now.

OP.....what is the test fire date on your gun?

·
Banned
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hmmm never knew that mike, thanks for the update lol, very interesting why they stamp them with the trijicon logo, but yeah wit hthe mags, thats all that is being produced now, and this gun was made in march of 2012, so brand new :) win for me

·
Banned
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
test fire was 3-13-12

·
Banned
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Also found a beta mag for sale..... I would love that, but I dont think I would EVER drop 400 bucks on a mag lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.