My new toy :)

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by bryanbrescia, May 3, 2012.

1. Well ladies and gentlemen, after shooting lots of Glocks and tireless nights of searching for the best deal I could find, I finally settled on my new toy. I went with a Glcok 17 Gen3 with custom Trijicon "i" night sights (gun was ordered custom for a buyer, turns out he didn't want to wait the entire time for it to come in, so I picked it up) for $619. I know its a little more than I wanted to spend, but good deal with the sights on it, they glow brighter than anything I've ever seen...... anyways, here are some pictures too, pardon the terrible quality, they are from my phone.

P.S. I already ordered my chrome extended 4-piece kit, grip plug, and my Armorer's tool. :)

Attached Files:

2. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Congrats!!!! Shoot 'er up and enjoy her.

3. Also, I have it loaded with my favorite defense round, ZombieMax!! :)

Attached Files:

4. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Purdy! Congrats on your new purchase!

5. Thanks, Im VERY excited!

6. btw, that pic does NOT do justice to how BRIGHT those sights really are.... plus the acquisition time with the I setup is insane!!! SUPER FAST!!

7. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Did you buy extra mags or did it come with that mag? That's a gen4 mag

8. I was just about to say that.

9. came with 2 of those gen 4 mags

10. same kind of sight as the ameriglo, but its not ameriglo, its got trijicon stamped on it

11. bhale187

curious as to that being Glock shipping Gen3s with Gen4 mags now, or a dealer switch out.

Nothing wrong with Gen4 mags in a gen3, just curious is all

12. bhale187

yes, the ameriglo CAP has trijicon stamped on them

13. They are Ameriglo's. I have Ameriglos that I bought new still in package and mine are stamped with Trijicon. The Ameriglo night sites are stamped with Trijicon because Ameriglo sends the sites to Trijicon for the tritium tubes to be installed, then they are sent back to Ameriglo to be sold.

14. FYI......

http://www.chuckhawks.com/ameriglo_night_sights.htm

15. I was told by Smyna that the Gen4 mags are the only new ones being produced now. Since the Gen3 guns are still being made it's possible this is happening now.

OP.....what is the test fire date on your gun?

16. hmmm never knew that mike, thanks for the update lol, very interesting why they stamp them with the trijicon logo, but yeah wit hthe mags, thats all that is being produced now, and this gun was made in march of 2012, so brand new :) win for me

17. test fire was 3-13-12

18. Also found a beta mag for sale..... I would love that, but I dont think I would EVER drop 400 bucks on a mag lol

19. savage07

savage07 New Member

Congratulations!! Nice toy!!!