My new Glock 45 Gen 5

Discussion in 'Glock Photos' started by Damanfl1, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Damanfl1

Damanfl1 Member

Just got the new slide for this puppy. Going for the black and stainless look. Next step is the mag well and customer laser stippling. What do you thing so far?

IMG_4940.jpg IMG_4944.jpg

Bayou, Diesel3, Olga17 and 9 others like this.
  2. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas

3. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Very nice.
    Welcome to the forum. Please head over to the introduction thread and introduce yourself to the forum.

cnutco likes this.
  4. Southlake

Southlake Salt Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum. That looks awesome. Who did the work? Please provide a link.

Bayou, Damanfl1 and cnutco like this.
  5. Damanfl1

Damanfl1 Member

The slide is from a company called Zeffiri Precision and the barrel is a zev. The next time I’m getting is a slr rifelworks magwell.

Danzig likes this.
  6. Damanfl1

Damanfl1 Member

Just installed my new magwell from SLR Rifelworks. They have two models for the 45 Gen 5. One is with the pinky lip and one without. They both do not work with any back straps however I think that if you shave down the catch at the bottom on the back strap you can put it on and hold the bottom down with the screw. Done quote me until I decide to do it. I kept the Glock floor plates on my magazine as it sits perfectly with the magwell. They have custom floor plates at SLR as well. slrrifelworks.com. Here are a few photos.

IMG_5199.jpg IMG_5198.jpg IMG_5196.jpg IMG_5200.jpg

7. Damanfl1

Damanfl1 Member

I think next I will be doing the laser stippling. I know a company here in lake worth that does spectacular work. My goal is not to customize it to what I want to keep. But to customize it so that if anyone looked at it at a pawn shop or a gun shop, they would say l have to have that! I don’t want to over do it with crazy colors or fancy muzzle breaks because I believe though Glocks are the Honda Civic of handguns, just because they build everything for it does not mean you should buy and put everything on it.

Bayou and Danzig like this.
  8. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

Welcome and nice looking new pistol.

9. OMCHamlin

OMCHamlin Member

Oh the irony...

Bayou, jdvickers803 and PCnotPC like this.
  10. Damanfl1

Damanfl1 Member

Just received my Olight Vallkyre PL Pro. I actually got it for my AR that I’m saving up for but it looks so sexy on my 45. I may just buy another one.

IMG_5352.jpg IMG_5350.jpg

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  11. Damanfl1

Damanfl1 Member

I decided to use the PL Pro Valkyrie on my soon to be getting AR. I got the Valkyrie Mini as it was on sale. It’s smaller which means it’s lighter. It’s also 600 lumens! It’s so bright! No options for strobe or lowering the lumens but it’s fine with me. Adjustable slide so you can move the light either forward or backwards. For EDC I think this will work out well. Next is the drop in trigger from Overwatch and custom stippling from Palm Beach Laser Engraving. Got to get a IWB holster as well at the next gun show. Can’t wait. Here are a few photos of the new light!

IMG_5407.jpg IMG_5408.jpg

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    Bayou, Chameleon, Steelie68 and 2 others like this.
  12. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

That’s a good looking pistol!

13. Damanfl1

Damanfl1 Member

IMG_6463.jpg IMG_6464.jpg

Got the extended magazine release from Tyrant Designs and stainless steel extended slide lock with pins. Next is the matching extended slide release from Tyrant when it comes out later this month. I also found what laser stippling pattern I want to get as well.

Southlake, Bayou and Danzig like this.
  14. Damanfl1

Damanfl1 Member

IMG_6453.jpg
    Getting this laser stippling pattern done real soon.

Southlake, Bayou and Danzig like this.
  15. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

Didn’t realize they could use lasers to do stippling but it makes sense. Seems you could get a more consistent pattern that way. That pattern looks great.

16. Southlake

Southlake Salt Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Wilson Combat has been doing it for awhile.

upload_2020-8-21_8-23-18.jpeg

Damanfl1 likes this.
  17. Damanfl1

Damanfl1 Member

That sunburst pattern is fire!

Southlake likes this.
  18. Damanfl1

Damanfl1 Member

Just wanted to update a photo. Nothing new here! And that cigar is sweet as well! My second hobbie!

IMG_6664.jpg IMG_6666.jpg

19. glockin9

glockin9 Well-Known Member Supporter

I must admit I like the look!:cool:

20. MyKey

MyKey Member

It looks nice but I guess I am old school and like mine original stock. May be wild and add a laser but not in a hurry.