MY new G22 with some Acc. Engraving???

Discussion in 'Glock Photos' started by W1CK3D, Jun 7, 2012.

1. W1CK3D

W1CK3D New Member

Just got my first G22 Gen3 been wanting one for a while I have owned a G21 and 17 for a couple years and I have to say, .40 is my favorite. This thing is awesome! I can see why it's so popular my first 1/2 mag stayed in a 3" group and I am not the best shot with a pistol. This one's gonna be my daily carry for sure! I'm about to send it to rockyourglock.com to get the 'flame job' engraving on the slide. I've bought a few things from them in the past and they have been great but this will be my first engraving on a Glock. Anybody have this done? I'm just curious on the effect it has on the wear and tear of the finish around the engraving.I don't want to do it if I will have to replace the slide in a year or two
    Here are some pictures of the first range session:

[​IMG]
    My 5yo son Joey and my brother Adam with my G21:
    [​IMG]
    Me and Joe with the new G22
    [​IMG]
    Zombie target when my son was done :D
    [​IMG]
    Joe with the ol' trusty SKS
    [​IMG]
    Joe and his .22:cool:
    [​IMG]
    sorry to turn it into a kid shooting thread just love to share my boy having fun

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

OOPs! No go Bro, pics didn't get here.

3. W1CK3D

W1CK3D New Member

yeah I guess my imageshack account wont post IDK why here I Ul to a different host

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum W1CK3D !!

Good to see a father teaching his son the shooting sports...

( I see the pics... )

5. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Hey, They are there now!! Cool! Killing zombies with your son!! Awesome!

6. W1CK3D

W1CK3D New Member

Thanks glad to be here.
    Yes my son loves to shoot and he practices constantly with his airsoft so he is actually a great shot for a 5yo lol He has his own bolt action .22 and is a "zombie killing machine" according to him :D
    I believe anyone that is going to be a gun owner needs to teach their children safety and let them handle firearms at a young age otherwise if they find a gun unattended it's gonna be play time.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  7. oneshot1kill

oneshot1kill New Member

yes this is so very true. i learned at age 11,but waited until i was 45 to buy my first handgun. wish i bought one earlier.

8. oneshot1kill

oneshot1kill New Member

i like what i see here.

9. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum W1CK3D! Love the pics. I hope you enjoy the forum.

10. NoMoss

NoMoss New Member

Great photos of you and Joey! My father taught me early also. I used to even keep guns in my room. We even had the home defense worked out. He took standing position on his side of the hallway, I had prone from my side.

Related to the training of children, I saw a great sticker on the side of a Jeep on Friday. It was a silhouette of a pistol and said " Control your children, not our guns"