My new 23

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by dutchs, Apr 12, 2012.

1. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I got me the 21 a few weeks ago and love it so much I bought the 23 yesterday! Both gen4, both shoot as you would expect from a Glock! Man I wish I would have bought all Glock to start then I wouldn't have had to be trading. Lesson learned. Still not the best shot but getting better.

IMAG0130.jpg

IMAG0129.jpg

2. Shep482

Shep482 Well-Known Member Supporter

Cool! I just placed an order tonight for a G23C. Should come in next Wednesday.

3. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I am going again tomorrow. I looked at a lot of guns to carry and held them all and nothing was just perfect like the 23 is . Just my opinon, i really love shooting my 21 but the 23 is exactly what I have been looking for shooting and carrying. I think you'll be glad you did.

4. Shep482

The dealers tried to talk me out of the C. "you'll burn your face if your shooting with the gun close to your body." wonder if that's happened.

5. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I didn't now the 23 had a c, it is a compact straight out. Mine doesn't say C anywhere. I didn't get any burn shooting mine, cept that burn to shoot it more. I can say though the ejector sure is strong, it showered people all around me at the range with casings it was freaking one girl out.

6. mikecu

mikecu New Member

The "c" is for the compensated model. They are the same size.

7. mikecu

mikecu New Member

That sounds like another salesman trying to sell what they have, instead of what you want.:mad:

Here is a video that compares the flash difference between a regular and a compensated Glock 40.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1jdQlxP8Hg[/ame]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  8. Shep482

No, there good guys, just uninformed like many who haven't fired one. I researched enough to find that all who have and carry one say the flash and"burn" aren't a major concern. Do I have to have the C? No. But like you said that's what I want.

9. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Why compensate? I go all the way myself. Sorry, OCD coming out in me.

10. RockoutwithmyGlockout

RockoutwithmyGlockout New Member

Awesome purchase! I faced many of the same challenges you did. Everyone steered me away from Glock due to "there's no safety". Lol!
    SO glad I researched what I wanted first! I don't want to fumble with a safety when someone is coming at me with a knife! If I had purchased a firearm with a safety it'd be MY luck I woul get stabbed BECAUSE in THAT moment I forgot about the safety. :) just my .02.

11. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Nice gun dude! I love my 23.

12. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Congratulations on your purchase, Dutchs, and on your expanding Glock arsenal!

Cheers!

13. mikecu

mikecu New Member

I couldn't find the specs on the 23c.

Is it lighter than the 23?

14. stugots

stugots New Member

I love the 23C, shoots like a 19 IMO, the only time I ever saw the muzzle flash was with that crappy Walmart ammo. Even night fire was fine with no blinding like some have claimed.

15. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

It's not the flash that is the biggest problem. It's the possible burns to your face and eyes if you get in a confrontation at close quarters.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  16. OneOldGoat

OneOldGoat New Member

I see no possible was you could burn urself with a compensated Glock. Unless you are in the habit of holding the top of the slide above the ports while firing.

17. stugots

stugots New Member

Has anyone ever heard of anyone being burned in such a way by any compensated pistol? I think if your that close to be burned by your own weapon, the ringing in your ears would be worse.

18. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Yea, that ringing of the ears, we all worry about that too. While I carry I always wear hearing protection just in case I have to shoot someone... Just kidding of course.

Try some retention drills with a compensated gun and see what I mean.

19. mikecu

mikecu New Member

Forget the burn, your gonna end up with a hurt hand if you are holding the slide.

20. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

How is the slide going to hurt your hand?