Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Glock Modder
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forum Members and Team,
Fist off, I would like to say "great forum" I have been lurking now for a few weeks and decided to register.

I'm a faimly man, Married to my highschool sweetheart (going on 13 years) and am a father of twins (soon to be five).

To be honest, I have always been in love with my 1911. I have a Kimber Custom II, and if you would have asked me a year ago if I'd have ever consider owning a (Plastic) gun Id say NO WAY!!.

However, I have been looking into getting my CCW here in the county I live in (In Cali)... I know, good luck... and I wanted something small. I went to my local gun shop to see if they had a Ruger Lc9 but they didn't. I told the sales person what I was after and he told me that I should get the Glock 26, he was a retired Sherrif and I knew he would not steer me wrong. So, I picked it up.. Checked it out... Then fell in love and bought it on the spot.

I decided on getting the Gen3 Glock 26 9mm.

Next, I started reading about how people are customising thiers and thought I want to customise mine too. Coming from a 1911 the trigger is very diffrent.. So I started looking at trigger mods. This led me to more mods and now I have quite a bit of diffrent stuff that I am very excited to try out.

However, I still do not have my weapon (10 day cooling off period)

I have in my possetion
  1. 3.5 Ghost trigger connector- The reason I purchased this is because I want to get as close as possable to the way my 1911 feels, I do nderstand the glock is not a 1911 but I really dont want to re-train myself. Especially after reading about feeding error and somthing called "limp wristing" etc..
  2. Aftermarket rear slide connector with graphic- Ok,it has a Transformer decal on it.. I'am 30 and gre up with the series.. Anyways, I dont need a skull or anything..
  3. Titaniun Saftey Plunger-- I read that it helps the trigger action and makes things smoother.
  4. Sidelock Trigger replacment- This is a very contrversal part, so before I get an ear full from people that never tried it (my self included) let me explain my thought process. I am fully aware you should never touch the trigger unless you are intending to shoot. The way this product works is that the saftey that is built into the trigger cannot be depressed unless the button is (off safe) therefore not enabling you to fire the weapon even trying to pull the trigger. Now in all due respect, because I am activating the saftey I am intending to shoot, and anyone that has handled a glock knows that you simply cannot fire the weapon by mearly touching the side of the trigger, or even pulling the side of the trigger. Because I am not very familiar with the Glock as a brand and the fact I am putting on modification that enable the trigger to be activated at a much lighter touch, I feel better knowing that I will not in-advertanlt shoot myself puting into or our of a holster.. I may decide I dont like it, but again coming from a 1911 and other weapons, I am used to these other types of safteys.
  5. Replacemnet springs (competition). I read the reviews and understand that I may come across the round that the primer is not quite right and a weaker spring may not make it fire, but it was needed to reduce my trigger pull and my mile may vary.
  6. TruGlo TFO fibreoptic day\night sights- Ok, I do not need to justify these, but I have read some poor reviews about the rods falling out, and great reviews.. I ll keep you guys in the loop here.
  7. Glock Tool- Dont have one, knew I needed it.
  8. Lone Wolf Adjustable Trigger Stop- Adjusts the over travel and makes it less of a pull, again trying to mimic my 1911. I know there is a Ghost Rocket but this product appealed to me cause I can adjust it on the fly, where with the rocket you can take away but never get back. I figure locktite should keep the allen inplace and have not heard about it becoming loose..
  9. Pearce Grip Extention- Need I say more, I am going to practice without this extention as it just adds to the gun and I really am looking for a small footprint.
  10. An Extra Trigger Assemnbly- To install the sidelock I have to remove the glock trigger and from what I understand I will have to break the original trigger. I am not a fan of that and want to be able to go back to stock assuming I do not like any of the mods. So, I got an OEM replacment trigger.
I got all my stuff from GlockPolishing, which I read is doing a givewaway here and I have nothing but positive things to say about my personal experience with the company.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Looks like your ready to Glock and Roll!!! welcome Glockjunkie!! Enjoy the forum.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! This is a great community. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Welcome Aboard glockjunkie, I'm sure your build will turn out great. I'd shoot it a bit in it's stock form, just to better appreciate the performance changes when your done with it. It should be a keeper.

·
Glock Modder
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Seventieswreckers
My thoughts exactly! I get to pick it up on Tuesday (my kids b-day) so, the next day I am going to take it out for some 1 on 1 time.

I have a buddy that owns a glock and he siad he doesn't shoot it very much because it pinches him and he elluided to the trigger.. So Im not sure if it is how he holds it or how (where) it is pinching him, but he said I would figure out what he was talking about.

However, with the mods Iam planning on putting in, I am not sure I will.

I still am not sure how I will feel about the grips, but from the changes that glock made with the gen4 and the various aftermarket grip tape type grips it seems the stock grips leaves some things to be desired.

·
782 Posts
Welcome from NC!

·
Registered
479 Posts
As well, greetings and welcome from yet another member of the California Contingent. Looks like you've got quite a few toys to keep your new 26 happily busy. You are indeed a glock junkie. Ha. Enjoy!

NoMoss said:
Welcome to the forum from another Cali Glock owner. Which region? I'm near Sacramento.
Fellow Sacramentan here, NoMoss. I ride, too. An old Trek 5200 (OCLV, Ultegra, the first year after USPS dropped Lance's sponsorship).

·
Registered
94 Posts
ROYALE-W-CHEESE said:
As well, greetings and welcome from yet another member of the California Contingent. Looks like you've got quite a few toys to keep your new 26 happily busy. You are indeed a glock junkie. Ha. Enjoy!

Fellow Sacramentan here, NoMoss. I ride, too. An old Trek 5200 (OCLV, Ultegra, the first year after USPS dropped Lance's sponsorship).
Maybe we need to ride to Cordova Range?

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
If your ever coming up to Reno, let us know, if you just want to do some desert shooting that is.

·
Glock Modder
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome to the forum from another Cali Glock owner. Which region? I'm near Sacramento.
Riverside actually. I am thinking of applying for a CCW out hear and hear mixed results. Of course the the whole "good cause" thing that is problematic as it is not your opnion that counts, its the interviewers.

·
Glock Modder
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If your ever coming up to Reno, let us know, if you just want to do some desert shooting that is.
Wow, Thanks, everytime I fly into vegas airport I see them advertise the full auto stuff. Not to mention I believe Front Sight is in Nevada..

Ill let you know if I'am in town for sure! I could use a few more shooting buddies.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
glockjunkie said:
Riverside actually. I am thinking of applying for a CCW out hear and hear mixed results. Of course the the whole "good cause" thing that is problematic as it is not your opnion that counts, its the interviewers.
Welcome, I'm from SoCal myself. I go to Prado off the 91 and 71 for range time... Good luck on getting your ccw... You need a better excuse then self defense, if it is self defense you have to show just cause like proof your life is being threatened... Again good luck man and welcome.

·
Glock Modder
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ha! Well, I feel like a poser right now as I still am waiting for my weapon. I'll be getting it on Tuesday. However, Tuesday also happens to be my Kids birthday. Therefore I will not be able to take it out just yet.. However before the end of the weekend I am sure Ill put at least 500 rounds through it..

Got to break it in.

·
Glock Modder
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Welcome to the forum
Thanks Noob! ( and everyone else for the warm welcomes) Actually, I thought of using your screen name as mine but decided on GlockJunkie instead. I thought it was fitting as for the last few weeks I have been eating and sleeping glock stuff.. Lots of goodies ordered.. Lots of research... My wife simply looks at me on my phone or pc and asks if Im looking at Glock stuff..

Of course I cannot lie, and to tell the truth she is happy.. After all, it was my fathers day present.. So she is excited I am excited.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.