Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Certified (Certifiable)
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a G36 SF. It is just the perfect size for me to EDC, and besides - it's a 45! Gotta love it. I ordered a Serpa retention holster (my first Serpa,too) for it, and am anxiously awaiting it. Anyhow, I have some questions for the group;

1. The trigger pull SUCKS - Besides a 3.5 Ghost disconnect and an internal hand polishing job, what should I do? I want less pull and a faster reset.

2. Is there an armorers' butt plug (The one with the pin tools in it to assist in disassembly) available for the G36sf?

3.How about a laser adjunct? Internal would rock. Night sights?

Remember, We're talking point and shoot stuff here, NOT paper cutting accuracy (I have a G21 for that). Opinions appreciated.

Bill

·
Administrator
133,170 Posts
Congrats on your new 36. Hope you enjoy. I'm sure someone more knowledgable will be along in a bit to help you with your questions.

·
Premium Member
13,272 Posts
For the first question both RockyourGlock.com and GlockStore.com sell aftermarket triggers that you can set the trigger pull and reset. They run around $200. Also Lasermax makes internal guide rod (RSA) lasers. When you say SF, do you mean the standard single stack 36.

·
Glock 30sf
235 Posts
There's a 36 SF?! And the triggers on the 36 are different than any other standard Glocks? My LGS is selling one and I was thinking about buying it to conceal with certain clothes that doesn't hide my 30sf well enough.

·
Certified (Certifiable)
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For the first question both RockyourGlock.com and GlockStore.com sell aftermarket triggers that you can set the trigger pull and reset. They run around $200. Also Lasermax makes internal guide rod (RSA) lasers. When you say SF, do you mean the standard single stack 36.
Yessir, They seem to designate the G36 SF as the slim frame Glock 45 cap. I really like it. IT holds 6 + 1. As a sidebar, I just got my Blackhawk Serpa today, and it feels great. I need to set the belt keepers to my belt width, and its ready to go.

Bill

·
Banned
973 Posts
there's a 36 AND a 36SF?

thought that there was just a 36.

I went thru the Glockstore and ordered the one thing for the 36. a extended slide stop. i'd be nice if it eventually shows up. not the best feedback on them.

Run a set of Trijicons on your 36 and you're good to go. There really isn't much for the 36 as it's the orphan of the brood.

I should see my Raven holster mid June.

·
Certified (Certifiable)
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
..I should see my Raven holster mid June... I feel your pain, Brother. I'm afraid I'm not a Glockxpert, I know my box says "G36sf" - oh, AND, I really like it. The Serpa makes it. Thanks for the poop on the Trijicons, I was considering them!

Bill

·
Glock 30sf
235 Posts
WindageandElevation said:
..I should see my Raven holster mid June... I feel your pain, Brother. I'm afraid I'm not a Glockxpert, I know my box says "G36sf" - oh, AND, I really like it. The Serpa makes it. Thanks for the poop on the Trijicons, I was considering them!

Bill
Does it say SF on the frame on the extraction side?

·
Premium Member
13,272 Posts
DANCER4LIFE said:
I've carried my g36 for years as my CCW and have never heard of the SF version. Have I missed something?
I can't find any evidence that there is a SF 36. Glock does call the 36 Slim line, due to the fact that they are single stack mags. I thought maybe at first OP had a 36 slide on a 30sf frame.

·
Glock 30sf
235 Posts
Lucian_253 said:
I can't find any evidence that there is a SF 36. Glock does call the 36 Slim line, due to the fact that they are single stack mags. I thought maybe at first OP had a 36 slide on a 30sf frame.
Agreed, the 36 is their slim ultra conceal model. I was wondering if it was a 30S Frankenstein too.

·
Certified (Certifiable)
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've carried my g36 for years as my CCW and have never heard of the SF version. Have I missed something?
NO, I seem to have displayed my ignorance, folks. The G36 Serial number starts with "UDL5XX". The slide says 36. I thought it was a new development that the G36 was a "Slim Frame". That was what attracted me to it. Apparently it's only new to me.

I have carried an AMT Backup in 45 acp for many years. IT has been reliable, but the trigger is incredibly bad. The trigger in my G36 is tough, too - though not as bad as the AMT. I am ordering the 3.5 lb disconnector, it worked super in my G21. I am hopeful it will serve as well in the G36.

·
Premium Member
13,272 Posts
The 36 is a fine Glock. It's really the perfect hot weather deep concealment Glock, due to the single stack mag. You sacrifice rounds, but if you have shot placement then who cares. I have considered buying one on several occasions. It is the only Glock in .45acp that I don't have, 30S not included. Everyone I know who owns one loves them. Enjoy and be safe out there.

·
Certified Glock Armorer
11,359 Posts
There's a 36...but not a 36sf. Unless whoever you bought it from pieced it together? But nevertheless the 36 is great! I don't have one, but i had a 30 and I now have a 30S, which is comparable to the 36. Congrats!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I purchased a 36 a couple of weeks ago, I have heard about the problems and have seen the you tube videos, mine is 200 rounds of cci aluminum case blazer and a box of hornaday critical defense thru it now and no malfunctions yet, the spring is really strong in the 36 and weak wrist may be the problem for some . The gun is a gen 3 but the spring looks like a gen 4 spring , I trust it with my life like I do the rest of my Glocks ,I'm afraid it's going to be a phased out gun cause of the 30sf

·
Certified Glock Armorer
11,359 Posts
I purchased a 36 a couple of weeks ago, I have heard about the problems and have seen the you tube videos, mine is 200 rounds of cci aluminum case blazer and a box of hornaday critical defense thru it now and no malfunctions yet, the spring is really strong in the 36 and weak wrist may be the problem for some . The gun is a gen 3 but the spring looks like a gen 4 spring , I trust it with my life like I do the rest of my Glocks ,I'm afraid it's going to be a phased out gun cause of the 30sf
All subcompact glocks come with the dual recoil spring.. :)

·
Certified (Certifiable)
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Coachswain, I think you're right about the wristing. I need to practice more.

Glockinator19, I bet you're right too - the dual recoil springs have to be an issue, too.

Thanks, Guys, I really appreciate all the good advice, especially the LACK of flames for my lack of knowledge! I am sure enjoying the G36, and feel a little better carrying it than the AMT. I would still carry the AMT, but I feel better with a Glock. I have several (standard wife answer) and they are all great.

Bill

·
Registered
236 Posts
The G36 is a superb carry gun! That said, mine now sits in the safe. I got a G30S and I absolutely love it. Thin slide of the G36 on a G30SF frame. Thin enough to hide easily with a few additional rounds for added comfort. Funny thing though, I also had a G30SF as well as the G36. I would sometimes put the G36 slide on my G30sf, shot it that way alot and carried it that way too. Loved it and when the G30S came out, I jumped on it. The g30sf got sold.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts