My g19 gen 4

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by gahanna6, Jun 15, 2012.

1. gahanna6

gahanna6 New Member

Went to the range and I did use crap Walmart ammo but every 15 rounds I put throw it jammed at least once and i got most of the rounds that fired the shells went at my face I don't want to say its a bad gun because it's not it's just a pain.

2. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

The shells in the face thing will happen for the first 1000 rounds or so. I use cheap Walmart ammo too and in 3k rounds have only had one fail to fire. Its actually not too bad ammo. The jamming thing might be improper grip. Are you new to firing handguns? I had a few issues at the start too, 19 was the first handgun I'd fired, once I fixed my grip I have yet to have a single issue. As for the brass in the face, wear a hat till the ejector wears in a bit. Also check the number your ejector, I doubt there are any still out there but the G19 Gen4 had a batch of bad ejectors. I think the number for the bad one is 336.

3. Ranger45

Ranger45 Senior Member

Webphisher is dead on. I only had one FTE with my Gen4 G19 when I bought it two years ago. Mine had the original "03" RSA and 336 ejector. I got the new RSA through the recall program and eventually sent the pistol back to Glock to upgrade the ejector and extractor (even though I hadn't had any issues since that first FTE.) Brass to the face has never been a problem. I typically shoot heavier ammo, too...usually 124gr. NATO for practice, and either 124gr. or 147gr. for SD. You've got an awesome pistol there...well worth the patience to get it settled in.

4. gahanna6

gahanna6 New Member

I agree I love the gun. How do I see the number on the ejecter?

5. xxlrg

xxlrg New Member

I believe you have to take the slide off and look real close to the back side

6. xxlrg

xxlrg New Member

It should be 336 or 30274

7. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

Make sure your gun has some lubrication and check your mag springs. A few people on here had the same problem but fixed it easily.

8. xxlrg

xxlrg New Member

Maybe this will help

ForumRunner_20120616_103213.jpg

9. gahanna6

gahanna6 New Member

Ok mine says 30274

10. xxlrg

xxlrg New Member

That is the updated ejector. I have to really limp wrist my 19 bad to get it to get brass at the face. If u are using a good grip and still have this problem after another 100 rounds I would recommend calling glock cs. They will take care of you.

11. I had problems with my gen3 g34 when i got it.In 50 rounds shooting blazer 115 I had 4 failure to feed brass to the face and head. I was pissed my first tupperware pistol and it was not good.I thought about it for a few hours how could glock let this pistol out of the factory!And when he test fired it the brass cleared his head.I cleaned and lubed it just as the manual says. It is a new pistol. I did a complete taer down and clened all the crap out!There was soi much production crap around the extracter That was the problem I hoped. went to the range I shot 150rds no brass to the face or head problem solved.

12. piston10

piston10 New Member

I had the same problem with my gen 3 19. No failures, just the brass all over the place. I sold it within a month and bought another 26. Two 26's, 23 and 27 all run perfect. Loved the 19, just did not want to deal with it.

13. Webphisher

I actually called Glock when mine was spitting in my face, they said it usually takes between 500-1000 rounds before it stops. Dead on in that range it stopped, now I never get brass in my face. Sling some more lead down range and it will fix itself, and you'll get more practice :D

14. xxlrg

xxlrg New Member

Haha. So many glock haters in this world! Glock must be doin something right!

15. jakedrennan45

jakedrennan45 New Member

That's so odd a malfunction would have to "work itself out". I luckily haven't had that happen but just seems odd since the parts shouldn't be changing in any way...at least I don't think they should. I guess that's why you shoot the gun a bunch and build a trust with it before depending on it for self defense.

16. Webphisher

My buddies 21 did the same thing. I thought it was weird too but it worked itself out and no problems with it. Trust my Gen4 19 with my life.

17. I bought my Gen 4 GL19 new. I've fed it 2000 rounds or so now. Never had any trouble. Like the previous post stated, I trust it with my life. Love my 19!

18. xxlrg

xxlrg New Member

Dude just call customer support. Thats what they are there for. They have had problems with ejectors and extractors.

19. jakedrennan45

jakedrennan45 New Member

Most glock parts are really cheap. If its just an extractor I'd just buy a new one instead of sending it in and waiting a long time. Depends on the part but most parts are super cheap and really easy to install. All preference but I wouldn't ever send my guns in to someone even if it's the manufacturer. Thats what keeps me hesitant to buy anything but a glock because the 1911s I like are hard to get parts for and ppl always talk about sending them in.