My first two mods

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by jrd5173, Apr 23, 2012.

1. jrd5173

jrd5173 New Member

My first ever handgun, Glock 19 Gen 4. Minor upgrades to some of you, but I'm stoked! Installed a grip plug and the beavertail. Very easy install for both. I filed the beavertail pin as it stuck out slightly and was poking my palm.

Attached Files:

2. the_mule

the_mule New Member

KEWL mods man! How did you like it before the mods? What made you want to plug her up? That beavertail ought to keep your thumb knuckle clear of that slide, thus preventing slide bite. Have you fired it since the install? How does it feel now? Keep us updated!

3. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

Yeah, I'm also interested in that beavertail. Does it mess w your grip or get in the way at all?

4. ming

ming Member Supporter

I've got the beaver tail on my G17. Doesn't interfere with the grip at all. I can get a very high grip without any slide bite. I like it, but I wouldn't say it's a "must have".

5. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

My G17 doesn't really bite me at all, but I suspect w my big ol paws that when I start doing concealed work w my G26 it might be a useful mod.

6. jrd5173

jrd5173 New Member

I haven't been to the range since the install, but I'll let you know how it handles.

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

moved to correct subforum: Gunsmithing

8. Tape

Tape New Member

mine was bullets:D

9. thinkricky

thinkricky Member Supporter

Not fond of the look of the beaver tail... But it may be worth having. Looks don't mean a thing. Is it functional? How so?

10. jrd5173

jrd5173 New Member

Just had a chance to get to the range today to shoot some rounds with my new beavertail. I installed the "rippled" one on it and after 100 rounds you can see the indentions in the webbing between my thumb and index finger and yes it's sore.

It may be caused by gripping to hard or the beavertail itself, but either way, I'm going to uninstall it and install the smooth one and see how it works on my next range visit.

This post is just my opinion only!