Glock Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
KEWL mods man! How did you like it before the mods? What made you want to plug her up? That beavertail ought to keep your thumb knuckle clear of that slide, thus preventing slide bite. Have you fired it since the install? How does it feel now? Keep us updated!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yeah, I'm also interested in that beavertail. Does it mess w your grip or get in the way at all?

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Yeah, I'm also interested in that beavertail. Does it mess w your grip or get in the way at all?
I've got the beaver tail on my G17. Doesn't interfere with the grip at all. I can get a very high grip without any slide bite. I like it, but I wouldn't say it's a "must have".

·
Registered
254 Posts
ming said:
I've got the beaver tail on my G17. Doesn't interfere with the grip at all. I can get a very high grip without any slide bite. I like it, but I wouldn't say it's a "must have".
My G17 doesn't really bite me at all, but I suspect w my big ol paws that when I start doing concealed work w my G26 it might be a useful mod.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the_mule said:
KEWL mods man! How did you like it before the mods? What made you want to plug her up? That beavertail ought to keep your thumb knuckle clear of that slide, thus preventing slide bite. Have you fired it since the install? How does it feel now? Keep us updated!
I haven't been to the range since the install, but I'll let you know how it handles.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Not fond of the look of the beaver tail... But it may be worth having. Looks don't mean a thing. Is it functional? How so?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thinkricky said:
Not fond of the look of the beaver tail... But it may be worth having. Looks don't mean a thing. Is it functional? How so?
Just had a chance to get to the range today to shoot some rounds with my new beavertail. I installed the "rippled" one on it and after 100 rounds you can see the indentions in the webbing between my thumb and index finger and yes it's sore.

It may be caused by gripping to hard or the beavertail itself, but either way, I'm going to uninstall it and install the smooth one and see how it works on my next range visit.

This post is just my opinion only!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts