Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
I hope it works out for you. I know a lot of officers had a problem with the extended mag release. It would get bumped while in their cruiser and when they would get out their mag would bounce off the ground. Kind of embarassing.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just looking at it, it looks pretty high. I've seen videos where people file them down. May have to do that if drops mags.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
dougster said:
Got an extended mag release for my G19 I'm the mail today.

Before

After

Not sure how this is going to work with my IWB holster. Looks like it may depress when in the holster. Will update after testing.
What kind of extended mag release did you go with?

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
I wouldn't change a thing to it unless you discover a problem.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Argyle_Armoring said:
I wouldn't change a thing to it unless you discover a problem.
With the stock release, I was having trouble getting my thumb on it to operate it. No longer an issue with this one.

·
Registered
175 Posts
dougster said:
With the stock release, I was having trouble getting my thumb on it to operate it. No longer an issue with this one.
I had the same problem with my 19, I added the extended mag release and filed the corners and edges down so I wouldn't cut my fingers when pressing on it. Seems to have done the trick on mine....

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the Foxx Holsters IWB. Haven't had the chance to try it out yet. Will post when I give it a try this afternoon.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
OK, thanks for the input guys, very helpful.

Been considering this mod for my '26 and '30, which I carry in Blackhawk Serpas, and been wondering about the release getting activated by contact with the holster.

Cheers!

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
@Nukin:

Yep, I checked with Casey way back when, he didn't have any of the chrome ones, which is what I would prefer for my '26. I emailed him, and to his credit, he replied right quick! I imagine he'd be an outstanding guy to deal with.

Cheers!

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
Happysniper1 said:
@Nukin:

Yep, I checked with Casey way back when, he didn't have any of the chrome ones, which is what I would prefer for my '26. I emailed him, and to his credit, he replied right quick! I imagine he'd be an outstanding guy to deal with.

Cheers!
Yea he is great I try to buy all my stuff thru Casey

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Had the firearm on all afternoon yesterday and it never dropped the mag with the extended release. I may still shave it down just a bit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts