My first Glock

Discussion in 'Glock Photos' started by MikeTheGoalie, Mar 21, 2012.

1. MikeTheGoalie

MikeTheGoalie New Member

Well I am new here and to Glocks. Got my first one, a 17. I almost went with the 40 cal but a friend had the 9MM and loved it.

I put on some night sights and thinking about a lighter trigger connector.

I really want a light on the bottom rail just for home use. Anybody can point me to one that fits and is worth a darn? ;)

Here is it's new home.

Attached Files:

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum Mike !!

There are all different manufacturer makes and models...

Do you have a price range ?

A lumen rating ?

Do you want a light / laser combo...?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012

3. nyycanseco33

nyycanseco33 Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome mike... There are different types of lights, surefire makes a decent light. I have the Glock brand tactical light/laser GTL-21 and it works great, it's on my G30 on my avatar pic :)

4. david1962hd

david1962hd Premium Member

WELCOME Mike, look into the crimson trace light guard, I have one on my G22 along with night sights it works well for me.
    100 lumen LED Model # LTG-736.

5. MikeTheGoalie

MikeTheGoalie New Member

Hmmm. I really am new to this so I am not too sure. A laser combo wouldn't be bad. Price about 150 maybe....

6. SHOOTER13

7. ncarnage

ncarnage Member

Love my surefire x300 light. If I recall it's 110 lumens LED light. Bright as hell. Will definetly blind an intruder. Especially in an all dark room. When you purchase your tac light of choice, take it to the range and mount it on your gun's rail and shoot a lot of rounds down range. Reason is to test to make sure your gun doesn't fail with the light attachment. I used a Glock 22 gen 3 for a PD. shot fine without a light attachment. Decided i wanted to run a tac light on the gun. Every 6th round it would jam by failure to eject or feed. I'm glad i did this test before using it on the streets.

So far not 1 malfunction on my G19 gen 3.5 (.5 is because of the RTF2 frame. Lol)

8. Gun_Aficionado

Gun_Aficionado King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

I love my ltg-736 wit laser grips lg-850 from crimson trace the activating pads are awesome no extra levers to press grab gun and they are ready and on. They have a master on off switch for each. Before I put in gunvault I turn on the ltg an make sure lg is on that way if something goes bump in the night we at ready!,, no fumble to switch on or anything point identify and shoot if required! I have this setup on my g17 G4. In the am when I pull from gun vault I turn off ltg master switch and holster in my white hat IWB holster with custom kydex for my ltg setup. Pics included... White hat is great to work with, custom work was no extra charge for me, call tony he may hook you up... I got ltg and lg at budsgunshop.com good prices.... By the way you still need a good small hand held flash light with pressure on of switch on butt of light as no matter what light you have on the G you do not want to sweep with it as if it were a reg. flash light. Hope this helps u decide.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  9. SHOOTER13

That's a nice setup dj !!

10. Gun_Aficionado

Gun_Aficionado King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

Thanks getting remora for those shorts kinda days coming soon... Thought I was going to keep G19C naked now not so sure thinking at least ltg? Thoughts?

11. OneOldGoat

OneOldGoat New Member

My first Glock was a gen 2 17 my dad gave me when I was 15 I shot that thing and shot that thing I remember my first job I used prob half of my pay check on buying reloaded 9 mm and I had this tree I would just blow holes in a very sad day was when I dropped it in the white river on a fishin trip I looked and looked but never found it water was prob 20ft deep in that area a sad day indeed

12. scrubber3

scrubber3 New Member

I woulda jump in after it in a heartbeat. Wouldn't have given up until I was exhausted or dead. Lol. That is sad. How'd you drop it in there?

13. shooterfan1974

shooterfan1974 New Member

This is my first Glock and handgun, "Old Black Betty, Bam-A-Lam," Glock 19 Gen 3. Started lay-away plan on a little sister for her yesterday, Ruger SR 22LR.

Attached Files:

14. yska08

yska08 New Member

YEs guys; finally got my first Glock. It's an gen 3 od frame. HAppY!!!

[​IMG]

15. shooterfan1974

shooterfan1974 New Member

OD Glock

Nice pistol dude! Love the OD! Thinking if I ever get an FN FiveSeven I'll try for the Flat Dark Earth frame.

16. yska08

yska08 New Member

That od is in reallife almost a very gray brown. Love it

17. TXGlock19

TXGlock19 New Member

Hope this question makes sense: I have seen several pictures of Glocks on here and the slides seem to have a "shiny black" look to them whereas mine seems very dull. Is there something special y'all put on them to give them that look? Thx for the help.

18. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

I think it's up to witch GEN YOU have? Like for example my GEN 4's are a lighter coat than say the GEN 3's.

19. TXGlock19

TXGlock19 New Member

Oh ok - I have all Gen 3's

20. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Yeah the GEN 3's are a darker finish than the GEN 4's