Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty excited I received my first 1911 yesterday. Bought it used on gunbroker. Since I never owned or even shot one I figured I'd go on the cheaper side to see if I really like it. If so I'll upgrade to something a little higher quality.

Attachments

·
I have the body of a god........Budda
6,346 Posts
I really like my Glock but can be more accurate with a 1911 due to the trigger. It's not the guns, it's me and my trigger pull which still needs a whole bunch of work. ! ! !

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
.... It's not the guns, it's me and my trigger pull which still needs a whole bunch of work. ! ! !

Dry firing a lot helps you get to know your trigger.

·
Because 2 Are Better Then 1
10,292 Posts

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Looks great! Can't wait for a range report :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Support Gunner said:
Nice purchase!! What kind of 1911 is that?
It's a rock island armory. I haven't got to shoot it yet. Hoping to get out Sunday and run a few rounds through it. Ive always like the looks of a 1911 so hopefully I enjoy it as much as my glocks. If not my buddy already said he'd buy it from me.

·
6,346 Posts
Dry firing a lot helps you get to know your trigger.
Yep, gotta do that more in the evening instead of boob tube. Work on daylight seeing muzzle flash when I can get to the range which around here is severely limited. Until we get our own ............hoping, hoping.

·
6,346 Posts
Looks like a Rock Island 1911 but not sure.
Front crest doesn't look RIA and with those grips and front strap has a spur hammer. Wish my eyes were better.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
It's a rock island armory. I haven't got to shoot it yet. Hoping to get out Sunday and run a few rounds through it. Ive always like the looks of a 1911 so hopefully I enjoy it as much as my glocks. If not my buddy already said he'd buy it from me.
I've read that they are not bad 1911 at all for the price so yea, let us know how you like the performance of it. :)

·
6,346 Posts
How old is it. The lettering looked RIA but they evidently changed their crest. Are those aftermarket grips and strap ?

Happy/safe shooting.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
You will like it. I have one in satin stainless . It's one of my favorite guns, and wicked accurate, I was surprised.

·
Because 2 Are Better Then 1
10,292 Posts
vwtechx said:
Pretty excited I received my first 1911 yesterday. Bought it used on gunbroker. Since I never owned or even shot one I figured I'd go on the cheaper side to see if I really like it. If so I'll upgrade to something a little higher quality.
I did the same thing. This is my first 1911. I got it about 4 mo. ago. It has about 200 or so rounds through it with no FTF, jams or anything. It is a ATI Titan with the 3" barrel. Like you said,for the price, it was worth a shot. (Yes, pun intended.)

Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Revolver

Attachments

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Deuce said:
I did the same thing. This is my first 1911. I got it about 4 mo. ago. It has about 200 or so rounds through it with no FTF, jams or anything. It is a ATI Titan with the 3" barrel. Like you said,for the price, it was worth a shot. (Yes, pun intended.)
Hey Duece, I have an identical Titan as yours, and yes, very fun gun. I like that it has a bull barrel. Not as "wicked" accurate as my RIA but I would say maybe "sinfully" accurate, especially having a 3" barrel.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks everyone. I'm not sure how old it is I didn't even think about that. The grips are pachmayrs. I don't care for the grips so I may wind up replacing them with something else

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.