My Dillion XL650

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by jwilli22, May 15, 2012.

1. jwilli22

jwilli22 New Member

Finally got around to taking pics, thought I would post them.

Attached Files:

2. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

3. SuperSport

SuperSport Member

Would like to try my hand at reloading. 9mm keeps me thinking if it's ROI. Great looking toy!

4. jwilli22

jwilli22 New Member

Thanks, I'm not sure it save any money but I get to shoot a lot more!

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Very nice looking setup jw !!

And you are right...you don't save alot of money reloading...

but you will definitely shoot alot more !! [​IMG]

6. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Does this press use the same dies as the Lees? I would not mind getting a Dillon but not if I have to "rebuy" all the dies.

7. jwilli22

jwilli22 New Member

Thanks Shooter, Brutus I couldn't say if the Dillion would use the Lee dies but for some reason, I remember watching a video and the guy was using Lee dies. I do know people who use RCBS dies. Give the guys at Dillion a call they will answer any question you have and their "no BS warranty" can't be beat. Whether it's a defect or your fault, replacement parts are shipped no questions asked.

8. zipper046

zipper046 Member Supporter

Yes you can use Lee dies. I have a 550 and use the EGW undersized die (for getting rid of Glock bulge). The EGW die is made by Lee, so I am told. I bought the Lee die first and it's fine then bought the EGW only to find out afterwards they are the same! Oh well, spent a little extra and learned. Now passing in the wisdom...

Z-

9. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Thanks for the info. Enjoy the new toy too!

10. zipper046

zipper046 Member Supporter

LOL, wish it was new! Had it about 5 yrs now and loaded probably about 15- 20,000 rounds through it by now...keep 'em clean and constantly check your settings and you'll be good to go for a long time. Enjoy!

11. Eye_Peeled

Eye_Peeled 8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)

That's a beautiful thing!

Does anybody know what generation Dillon is on right now? I'm looking at a couple used units; one of them is a "Gen 2" according to the owner.

12. jwilli22

jwilli22 New Member

550 or 650? I look through my paper work but it does not reference a generation. I know the 550 is listed as the 550-B. wonder if that is what their referencing to as Gen 2.

13. malladus

malladus New Member

The -B is the latest itteration. The 550, and the 550B are the same machine,except for the addition of the primer alarm, and the new type powder measure. Both powder measures are interchangable, but if you use the new measure, you will need the new style fail safe rod. The new style fail safe rod works on both powder measures. The 550 has the old powder measure style where the springs are wrapped around the the hopper.

Everything else is the same and you can buy 550B parts to bring it current, and with the Dillon no bull warrenty you can usuall get anything replaced for free if its broken.

malladus