3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got into 3d printing April of 2020. This is the result so far. Lol
20201026_212717.jpg

·
Matt
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I got a blue g19 I've been shooting and it's been performing well!

Reactions: TheKraken

·
Legitimate Combatant
3,165 Posts
Got into 3d printing April of 2020. This is the result so far. Lol
At different times of the year I am requested to make AutoCAD 3D models of machine parts.
I send these out and presto parts get shipped.
These find there way to different CNC shops.
I've been only working on Glock slides thus far, of course not complete yet.

Maybe I need to broaden my horizons to plastics?

·
Matt
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At different times of the year I am requested to make AutoCAD 3D models of machine parts.
I send these out and presto parts get shipped.
These find there way to different CNC shops.
I've been only working on Glock slides thus far, of course not complete yet.

Maybe I need to broaden my horizons to plastics?
I say it's a good idea. A lot of people underestimate 3d printing and thing it's really weak. The materials have gotten a lot better since when it first came out, and it's way cheaper too.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Out of curiousity (I know, I know...it killed he cat!) how much does it cost to produce one? How much does it weigh compared to a stock unit? And how long does it take to complete one? I'm too old to do that sorta thing but it intrigues me..

·
Matt
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Out of curiousity (I know, I know...it killed he cat!) how much does it cost to produce one? How much does it weigh compared to a stock unit? And how long does it take to complete one? I'm too old to do that sorta thing but it intrigues me..
All good questions!
It costs me $4 in material to make one. It weights similar to stock, I'd have to weigh it to get exact numbers. If I had to guess it might be a tad lighter.

And it took me about 36 hours to print!

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
All good questions!
It costs me $4 in material to make one. It weights similar to stock, I'd have to weigh it to get exact numbers. If I had to guess it might be a tad lighter.

And it took me about 36 hours to print!
That is really great...I have a P80 and thought it wouldn't be too long until someone made their own...I wish when I was younger this technology was out...But, I wouldn't want to be young again. Great job!

·
Matt
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pla+

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I’m fascinated with the 3-D printer technology, but I don’t know the first thing about using one. I’d like to just watch someone make something/anything with one just to see how they work.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Iam the same as Bayou..I'd love to be able to make one like he did,but I have absolutely no idea how this all works...A nice silver Model 22 would be so sweet!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts