My 17 Gen 4 First Match Outing.

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by rubikees, Jan 19, 2012.

1. rubikees

rubikees New Member

I took the new Glock 17 Gen 4 out to its first IDPA fun match. It did pretty good, I started a bit slow as I got use to the pistol. It was very smooth and I was getting about 8 points down. It seems I aim low with the Glock stationary however I did hit center mass when I was on the move and shooting. Go figure. I did get one jam but with the trigger locked back I picked up on it quick, cleared the jam, and back in action at about 2 to 3 seconds. I did get one stovepipe but that occured at the end of the shooting. I was happy with the performance. The trigger was very smooth, from the polishing and trigger work done by the Glock smith at the gun show. The magazine reload was easy and smooth. I think it earned another trip out to another fun match. Also, it has also been a while since the last time I was out shooting with the IDPA group so I was also knocking some rust off.

2. rubikees

rubikees New Member

Got my results, broke below the 80 second mark. Placed 3rd it time and tied for 3rd in accuracy. Of course all of the big boys are out at the Shot Show. Not bad for old rusty with a new Glock 17 Gen 4.

3. Chub19C

Chub19C Junior Member