Muzzle loaders

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BLCKWLF, May 10, 2012.

1. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Anyone into muzzle loading?

2. Why yes I am

3. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

What do you shoot?

4. I deer hunt with a thompson center .50 cal new englander. Percussion cap side hammer, no optics regular iron sights and a interchangeable 12 gauge shot gun barrel which I have never used. You?

5. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Traditions deer hunter .50 cal percussion, Iron sights. I bought it when I was 12. My first gun. While I haven't hunted with it, I have done some exhibition shooting.

6. Yeah my first firearm hawkens 45 cal, something about muzzle loading I can't get out of my system

7. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

It's fun, has a small challenge with the hang fire and the smoke... Different and old school, but fun none the less.

8. Yeah there is some challenges, there is nothing more frustrating sitting in a deer stand zeroed in on a deer, perfect trigger squeeze and the cap just goes pop and misfires! You might as well stand up and wave

9. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Or when the nut on your powder measure unscrews and drops to 140 grains without you realizing it... Just about shoot your arm off...

10. Yeah people just don't get it till they try it! It's a beast of it's own

11. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Did a night time candle shoot back in 2009. First team to extinguish all ten candles wins... Great event. Hard to do at night with iron sights...

12. I do too, with a CVA scout .50 Percussion gun. I could shoot that gun all day long and not get enough. dropped a few deer and coyotes with it too