Glock Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
I deer hunt with a thompson center .50 cal new englander. Percussion cap side hammer, no optics regular iron sights and a interchangeable 12 gauge shot gun barrel which I have never used. You?

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Traditions deer hunter .50 cal percussion, Iron sights. I bought it when I was 12. My first gun. While I haven't hunted with it, I have done some exhibition shooting.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's fun, has a small challenge with the hang fire and the smoke... Different and old school, but fun none the less.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yeah there is some challenges, there is nothing more frustrating sitting in a deer stand zeroed in on a deer, perfect trigger squeeze and the cap just goes pop and misfires! You might as well stand up and wave

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Or when the nut on your powder measure unscrews and drops to 140 grains without you realizing it... Just about shoot your arm off...

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did a night time candle shoot back in 2009. First team to extinguish all ten candles wins... Great event. Hard to do at night with iron sights...

·
Registered
104 Posts
I do too, with a CVA scout .50 Percussion gun. I could shoot that gun all day long and not get enough. dropped a few deer and coyotes with it too

1 - 12 of 12 Posts