Glock Firearms banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
My favorite is the old style leatherman wave, but I never warmed up to the new version after they changed the design some years ago. Still have the old wave, and have gone to the supertool 300 as my second favorite/backup, and for gifts & such.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Well, I tempted fate too many times and lost my MUT to TSA (despite having removed the blade and saw last year). It worked well enough to replace it, so before I order another has anybody found another model/type I should consider?

·
Premium Member
13,060 Posts
Well, I tempted fate too many times and lost my MUT to TSA (despite having removed the blade and saw last year). It worked well enough to replace it, so before I order another has anybody found another model/type I should consider?
Ouch!!! The MUT isn’t cheap!!

·
Premium Member
13,060 Posts
Use the TSA FB messenger app. It at least will give you a yes or no. If yes you screen shot and you basically have pre-approval.

IMG_1366.jpg

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I’ve been real happy with the Wave +. I ended up using it a lot more than I thought I would. I almost got the Charge + TTI, but just couldn’t justify the extra expense for just 1 more tool (the gut hook), but if money was no object I would have gotten that one because it does look better and the titanium is a nice touch.

·
Premium Member
13,060 Posts
I’ve been real happy with the Wave +. I ended up using it a lot more than I thought I would. I almost got the Charge + TTI, but just couldn’t justify the extra expense for just 1 more tool (the gut hook), but if money was no object I would have gotten that one because it does look better and the titanium is a nice touch.
I love my wave +, but I need to send it in. I broke the pliers.

·
Premium Member
13,060 Posts
Since the pliers are the main tool that everything is built around, and with Leatherman’s good reputation for honoring their warranty, I wouldn’t be surprised if they gave you whole new tool when you send it in.
They already said they would. I just need to ship it to them. They have awesome customer service!! This is not the first multitool pliers I’ve broke. I don’t abuse them, but definitely push their limits, lol!!

·
Gen 3 G19 Shooter
2,307 Posts
I bought a Leatherman Sidekick for $10 at a garage sale a few years back.
About 3 months in, the tab that keeps the pocket clip from rotating broke off.

Sent it in for warranty repair and they sent me a brand new one.
Either that, or they replaced just about every tool in it, since there were none of the used wear marks that used to be there.

No complaints from me on their customer service!

·
Low speed High drag
2,169 Posts
Looking for input if any members have neutered their multi-tool to be able to keep it TSA friendly. I lost one recent because it had a blade less than 1", pissed me off to no end because it had a decent, though also small sized, scissors.

So now I'm trying to figure out how to sacrifice the blade. So far nothing on line leads me to an easy solution.

The official reply from Leatherman when I asked if I could pay to have them remove the blade and install a shim/spacer of the correct size: "can't/won't do it". I offered to sign any form they required to release them of the warranty but they wouldn't budge.

I'm now at the point of having a buddy grind away as much of the blade as possible, but not knowing the specs of the metal, would this generate a corrosion issue with the cut exposing the internals which may or may not have the same resistance as the surface??? Or I could ask another buddy to create a Derlin disc of the correct size to replace the blade outright.

I want to travel with my MT, not a blade.
I think Gerber makes a TSA friendly multi tool?!

·
Low speed High drag
2,169 Posts
Got my Gerber armbar and its neat! The bit driver is very useful and the pry/bottle opener/hammer part has already been put to use. It's about the same thickness as my SAK and Juice C2 and lighter than the Juice and about the same weight as my SAK. The overall construction is solid and the knife is sharp so only 1 complaint....no pocket clip!
20200703_140729.jpg
20200703_140704.jpg
20200703_140729.jpg
20200703_140629.jpg
20200703_140635.jpg

Also if you go to the Gerber website you can sign up for LEO discount.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts