Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
firearm fəˈnadik
7,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a quality multi-tool. I currently have the victornox multitool
and it gets the job done (I've had it since '05 and still in perfect condition).. it's a little heavy but nice. I was wanting another one and thinking maybe one of the military leatherman and wanted some recommendations.

I've thought about the surge, wave & mutt ... but haven't committed to anything yet ...
WHAT do you recommend & why:

·
Registered
659 Posts
I once liked Gerber, then I got a SOG. Now I have a SOG on all my bags. JMHO: the SOG is better built and more customizable.

·
firearm fəˈnadik
7,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What model is the black one ?
Do they make a model w any armorer tools in them?

·
Registered
659 Posts
SOG Power Assist.
With SOG the tools are replaceable. You can go online, choose what you want and install them yourself. I have the 1/4 nut driver and wire stripper on this one.
Not sure about armorer tools.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I don't have a picture but I use Leatherman myself...... I have a Gerber but not all that impressed with it.

Reactions: Bayou

·
firearm fəˈnadik
7,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the pocket clip

·
Registered
402 Posts
Leatherman Wave is my favorite. My son asked for it, traded me for his Gerber 600, ( he was deploying to Iraq, how could I say no?). The Gerber's a fine tool, carry it every day. Thing is, it's got lineman's pliers, not needle nose, my preference.

·
Premium Member
13,738 Posts
Leatherman Wave is my favorite. My son asked for it, traded me for his Gerber 600, ( he was deploying to Iraq, how could I say no?). The Gerber's a fine tool, carry it every day. Thing is, it's got lineman's pliers, not needle nose, my preference.

I carried the WAVE for years. Great multitool!

·
firearm fəˈnadik
7,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
firearm fəˈnadik
7,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That AR tool is a set of over priced dental picks for a scraping carbon and a flat head screw driver...

Not really a tool in my eyes but to each their own.
that's all it has??!?

·
firearm fəˈnadik
7,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea pretty much. Nothing work the $70 price tag.
Wonder if the leatherman mutt (non eod type) would have the pretty much the same tool set ...

it does feature replaceable wire cutter blades, and is about $125 . . .

1 - 20 of 80 Posts