Mugging gone wrong

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BLCKWLF, Apr 19, 2012.

1. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Good Samaritan shot while helping woman in Phoenix
    By Cassondra Strande, The Arizona Republic-12 News Breaking News Team
    6 hours ago

A Good Samaritan who came to the aid of a woman being mugged in Phoenix was shot in the neck by the assailant and the woman was also shot, police said Thursday.

The woman was walking near 48th Street and Virginia Avenue after 9 p.m. Wednesday when a man carrying a firearm approached her and demanded her money and cellphone, Phoenix Detective James Holmes said.

Another man, riding his bike, saw the gunman attack the woman. He stepped in to help her, Holmes said.

The gunman shot both the woman and the man who had come to help and fled. The gunman didn't get any property from the victims, Holmes said.

The man was badly wounded and taken to a hospital in serious condition.

Police believe that the man ran southbound on 48th Street. Anyone with information about the incident is urged to call "Crime Stop" at 602-262-6151 or Phoenix Police Violent Crimes Bureau at 602-262-6141.

2. oregon23

oregon23 New Member

Sad. That's what you get when you try to help out someone and the purp dident even get anything. Sounds like a crank head

3. I hope they both buy Glocks and find their way here.

4. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Wow...i live about 5 mins for that location.

5. stay safe man

6. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Thanks man. I was actully robbed about 2 months ago. Since then flood lights have been installed and soon a camara.

I also almost had a "3rd party situation" about 3 weeks ago. i almost had to draw my gun, thank god i didnt have to. My 4 year old son was in the car.

7. iRockGlock

iRockGlock Well-Known Member

I used to jog that park. A lot of poeple and kids ride their bikes and walk their dogs in that area too.

8. Never been the victim, but my best friend witnessed a guy attempt to snatch a woman's purse and while trying to aid her, the bad guy pulled a gun on him.

He was walking in a target and walked past this black guy and something didn't seem right about him. But he went inside and shopped. As he was leaving target, he saw the same guy run up to this woman and snatch her purse she was loading groceries in her car. She didn't let go of it because her arm was tangled up in it and he began dragging her across the parking lot. It was a crowded day, and he said people saw it as they were riding by and walking in and out of target but no one attempted to intervene and help this woman. This story made me think a little less of people at this point.
    The purse eventually broke and her stuff went everywhere. My friend and a woman began moving towards the guy yelling at him while on the phone with 911 calling this in, he along with this FEMALE shopper began chasing this guy as he ran through the parking lot. He got inside a car and tried to close the door. Just as my friend was going to try and prevent the guy from leaving until the police arrived, he turned around and pointed a handgun at him and the female shopper. My friend who was still on the phone with 911, said he froze and dropped the phone when he saw the gun.

The guy then drives off and circles the parking lot like 4 times trying to figure out how to get out. He eventually did and got away. Target security comes out saying they got the whole thing on video and asking if they should call the police. 20 minutes later a police car rolls in asking what happened and if anyone is hurt, as the lady was sitting in the curb bleeding from various spots on her body from where the guy dragged her on the pavement.

They didn't catch the guy that day. But my friend gave a good description of the guy and the car he was in.
    It turned the guy was reported missing by his wife prior to this incident and he is a minister at a local church. While he was reported missing, he was on some type of drug episode out robbing people and breaking in to homes for money to buy drugs. When he returned home his wife called the police to report he returned. The officer that responded out there saw the car, saw the guy, and put 2 and 2 together. The man got like 20 years JUST for pointing the gun at my friend. That's not counting the time he got for pointing the gun at the other woman, robbing the lady of her purse, or the other robberies and burglaries he committed while he was missing. They kind of hammered him on the sentencing because all his victims were women and elderly people.

This incident is what caused my friend to get his CWP and purchase a G19!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  9. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Florida has a 10 20 life law when it comes to firearms but I support it, if your in the wrong and wave a gun at some one to rob them you belong behind bars

10. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

These headlines are my reason for carrying, this happens randomly and to anyone who happened to be there at the time. The only time I ever didn't carry is where I legally can't, school, private property with signs, etc. even then it's usually locked in the truck.