muay thai, jiu jitsu and boxing.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ewill79, Apr 25, 2012.

1. ewill79

ewill79 New Member

These three arts I believe are a good start and finish to any well rounded survivalists. Of course cardio is the most important aspect. Being able to remove one's self from bodily harm is the foremost thought to remember. In case a person has to defend themselves they can also deliver offensive blows with intent to immobilize their attacker.

2. I love me some muay thai and BJJ

3. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

All of those are good skills to have!!!!

4. trigger252

trigger252 New Member

+1 on bjj! was involved in muay thai but I just don't have the time to train in both....which sucks bc I got a pair of boxing gloves and shin guards and only wore them once and now they are just collecting dust

5. ewill79

ewill79 New Member

Wish I could just train in the arts including pistol and rifle. Goes beyond "personal defense" to a higher sense of being. Some good reading is The Book of Five Rings.

6. GastonGlock

GastonGlock New Member

Definitely take BJJ or Wrestling along with a stand up/striking art. Most fights end up on the ground, but if you can end it without having to wrestle with someone all the better. I've done USA Goju Ryu, Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Never realized just how important ground fighting was until I was rolling with one of the Jiu Jitsu guys, once they take you down it's their world.