Glock Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I recently installed the NDZ stainless steel extended slide lock lever on my G26 gen 4. But I noticed that after installing it, there is some left and right travel in it. It seems like the bar is not as long on the inside where the spring puses it up and locks in. So far it has not caused any issues but I haven't really put it to the test yet except for pulling down on it a bunch with the slide removed to make sure it doesn't come out. Is this normal for some lock levers? Or should I just buy another one from a different manufacturer that is just right? It's mainly an annoyance knowing that it moves when the factory piece doesn't. Thanks for input.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hey everyone,

I recently installed the NDZ stainless steel extended slide lock lever on my G26 gen 4. But I noticed that after installing it, there is some left and right travel in it. It seems like the bar is not as long on the inside where the spring puses it up and locks in. So far it has not caused any issues but I haven't really put it to the test yet except for pulling down on it a bunch with the slide removed to make sure it doesn't come out. Is this normal for some lock levers? Or should I just buy another one from a different manufacturer that is just right? It's mainly an annoyance knowing that it moves when the factory piece doesn't. Thanks for input.

I have an aftermarket slide lock on my G26. Bought the gun used and experience the same left to right travel.. never once caused an issue. Nothing to be concerned about. Your slide won't go flying off and it will not intervene with the function of the gun.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Did you function fire it? or just play with it? That doesn't mean anything. But why did you think you need an add on part anyway? Did it not run just fine in the OEM condition? Assuming you did run it before changing out parts... and assuming you correctly installed the new one facing the right direction. Generally speaking, aftermarket parts = aftermarket problems, not a Glock issue.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I've switched a lot of the out to angled ones without play. Used them in G43,19,23,26,34 etc.
like changing the sights it's one of the things I do to Glocks since it seems I'm either pulling down one side or the other.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you function fire it? or just play with it? That doesn't mean anything. But why did you think you need an add on part anyway? Did it not run just fine in the OEM condition? Assuming you did run it before changing out parts... and assuming you correctly installed the new one facing the right direction. Generally speaking, aftermarket parts = aftermarket problems, not a Glock issue.
I added it because I have slight problems with hand pains and the extension, even if only a little, helps me with being able to pull down the lock easier. I have not been able to live fire with it at the range yet. All o have had time to do since installing it is rack / dry fire / rack and pull it down then release it with the slide both on and off.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Understood. The last one I installed was for a retired Law enforcement officer that had surgery on his thumbs. I even had a difficult time getting it down evenly on his G26. These cost usually $10-15 dollars and save aggravation.
Like everything I'm sure there are some better quality then others and I tend to use the ones sold by Galloway Precision.

Make sure that lip is facing the rear of the gun and the spring is under it for tension. Hopefully you pressed the spring down when installing it, if your not sure what I mean there are many YouTube videos on it. I'll post a pic of it this afternoon, work beckons.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I'm 99.9% sure that it is installed correctly and that the small bit of play is just from how it was made but I will still take it apart again tonight and reinstall it just to be sure. I appreciate everyones help with this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I finally got the time to take it apart and make sure it was installed correctly which it was. It only has play with the slide locked back. When it's closed there is little to no play. I took it to the range on Thursday and it ran flawlessly, with all 100 rounds. I guess it just needed a little extra attention but I'm happy with it now. Thanks again for everyone's help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts