Glock Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Banned
995 Posts
I carry my 38spl S&W model 10 revolver or my 45acp 1917 Colt service revolver in a shoulder holster when I'm riding. The holster strap can be adjusted to fit over my riding jacket.
A friend of mines carries his Glock in a chest holster when he rides. Both of us have our holsters positioned where we can draw either right or left handed though drawing left handed is awkward and takes longer.
Be aware that in many states openly carrying on a motorcycle can draws cops faster than flies to a bag of guts but it does seem to make people in cages around you better drivers. :)
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.............

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,327 Posts
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Sky Automotive tire

…but seriously, I’ve been carrying for decades, IWB or OWB straight cant holster crossdraw appendix. That way I can grab it with my left hand and still maintain the throttle with my right. Not that I get in running gun battles.
A biker vest conceals it perfectly on and off the bike.

· Registered
3 Posts
I carry a 1911 in a shoulder holster and a G30 IWB just behind my right hip. That's my standard carry -- the only difference is my riding jacket (as opposed to another type) provides the needed concealment. As for shooting them, I've concluded that trying to do so while riding would be foolhardy. Imagine trying to work the clutch or grab the left handgrip while holding a firearm, or having to drop it in order to do those things. If the need arises, I intend to stop ASAP, get off the bike, and then address the problem. With any luck, it will be a "distant" memory by then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.