Mossberg shockwave

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by Greywood, May 27, 2018.

1. Greywood

Greywood Low speed High drag Supporter

NYS
    I just picked up a Shockwave and want opinions on some of the mods I've been thinking about.
    So I'm definitely gonna do a brace. I think I'm gonna use a mesa tactical LEO adapter,tube,and a shockwave blade or SB tac brace. Unsure of what grip.
    I'm also gonna add a magpul forend.
    New follower, but not sure what brand.
    Mini shell adapter.
    A +1 or 2 mag extension...Maybe on from nordic components?
    GG&G shell carrier.
    Eventually I'd like to add ghost ring sights and a rail for a red dot optic....I'm thinking Van Comp?

Any thoughts on my build would be appreciated.

Nadz likes this.
  2. topleft

topleft Active Member

Ohio
    Welcome to the small club!

• I opted to keep mine w/o brace. For my intended purposes, it's best as is.
    • First change was the Magpul forend, and I love it. I'm currently trying a couple curved grips to attach so as to help keep the slide hand from progressing forward of the business end of the barrel.
    • I installed GG&G follower, red.
    • Like my description for the brace, I haven't considered a tube extension so I cannot offer any input there.
    • Shell carrier, I haven't given that much thought.

cnutco and Greywood like this.

3. Greywood

NYS
    For the magpul forend did you mod the magpul or use the hogue adaptor to get it to fit?

4. topleft

topleft Active Member

Ohio
    From GG&G, it arrived with literature stating it was already modified. Simple change, monumental ergo improvement. IMO, just missing a means to stop the hand from creeping forward but I'm working on it...

Greywood likes this.
  5. cnutco

cnutco Well-Known Member Supporter

I have the Remington Tac 14. I have only added a sidesaddle.

Next upgrades...

A follower
    A small optic
    Something for the fore-grip, maybe a strap...

No change for the grip. This is why I bought it.

[​IMG][​IMG]

LaFilth and Greywood like this.
  6. Greywood

NYS
    I would have gone Remington, but I got a great deal on the mossy.

What optic are you thinking about? I'm looking at a Fast fire 3 or maybe a bushnell until I spring for an Eotech.

7. Greywood

NYS
    I saw those. I just thought that the hogue adaptor may work and save me some cash.

8. ABeck88

ABeck88 Well-Known Member

NC
    IMG_9124.jpg I love mine but the recoil is intense with the SB tactical brace. I have an XS big dot front sight and a side saddle installed also.

Greywood likes this.
  9. cnutco

cnutco Well-Known Member Supporter

My optic choice for this will most likely be a Vortex red dot of some sort.

Greywood likes this.
  10. Greywood

NYS
    Since I will eventually ho Eotech I want to stay cheap. The Bushnell Trs-25 is nice for the price,but the Buris has a 8 moa dot which maybe better?

11. Greywood

NYS

12. topleft

topleft Active Member

Ohio
    I'd like to see your end result strap. For the next trial I reversed (?) a curved foregrip and attached it to the bottom of the Magpul to keep precious fingers where they belong.

cnutco likes this.
  13. Greywood

NYS
    I ordered the magpul forend which I'll mod myself to fit. GG&G rail for an optic ordered with a Bushnell TRS-25. Opsol mini shell adapter is on the way and I picked up 4 boxes of mini shells.
    I still need to order a KAK Blade,KAK shockwave tube,castle nut,pistol grip,and mesa tactical Leo adapter. I'm gonna get 2 followers and see which I like best along with a spring or 2 once I extend the mag tube.
    I'm pretty excited to try the mini shells out.
    I'm hoping to have it mostly built up in the next few or 2.

14. Gray Man

Gray Man Well-Known Member Supporter

I got an integrated light on my forend. I like it pretty good.

mattm and Greywood like this.
  15. Greywood

NYS
    How do you like it?

16. Greywood

NYS
    Ordered almost everything today.I didn't order the mag extension yet.The woman is just gonna kill me for dropping so much into this...lol!
    I was supposed to keep it cheap!
    The Opsol mini shell adapter came today. I can now load 8+1 which is nice. The plus 1 extension from Nordic components should allow for 1 or 2 more rounds.
    So far I'm into the build,but there are definitely cheaper ways to go about it. Also an 18+ inch barrel has many more uses. Low power shells and mini shells will be key with the shockwave I think?!

17. Gray Man

Gray Man Well-Known Member Supporter

I love it, controlls are on the pump, it is pretty wide, but not too fat.

Greywood likes this.
  18. Greywood

NYS
    Well after a bit of dremel work I got the magpul forend on. If you go this route don't get the hogue adapter as it won't work. I should have all my other parts on Thursday. The TRS-25 did come in but the mount hasn't yet. I am impressed by it! Its solid and for 55 bucks brand new how can I go wrong?

19. Southlake

Southlake Salt Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Pics?

20. Greywood

NYS
    Here it is on. I didn't take any pics while I was doing it. I may make something to replace the strap from the old forend that mounts to the magpul? Once I put the brace on I'm gonna mod the old grip. I've also thought about cutting up a magpul stock and seeing what I come up with. 20180605_150224.jpg

Southlake likes this.