Mossberg 930 spx

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by ash1012, Jun 21, 2012.

1. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

I'm going to put a down payment on a shotgun soon and have got it Down between the Mossberg 590A1 and the 930 spx. Anyone have any experience with the 930? I guess my main question is is the 930 reliable or should I just stick with the pump?

2. Grabber GT

Grabber GT New Member

Ohio
    This is only my opinion...I like the semi auto because they have less recoil. My choice would be Remington Versa max or the Beretta a400. I think they are a little more money though.

3. EvilD

EvilD New Member

More and more are starting to show up in 3 gun. You wont' give a shot gun much more abuse than that. That tells me something. I'll be ordering a 930 JMPro when I get the funds

4. PC5623

PC5623 New Member

I got to shoot a friends 930 SPX a few weeks back. I shot one box (25) of low brass trap loads, functioned perfectly. Switched to 3" turkey loads and once again worked great. With that short barrel there was quite a muzzle flash!!! Great gun, way less recoil than a pump and faster follow-up shots! It is on my list of future purchases!

5. Grabber GT

Grabber GT New Member

Ohio
    I am also considering the FN Police because I like ghost ring sights and it holds 8+1 for 3 gun competition.

6. EvilD

EvilD New Member

I picked up a JM Pro today, man they are hard to come buy, had to drive 90 minutes to get it!!! Came home, grbed ammo and went to the range, what a great shot gun.

7. I own a 500 I've had for 30 years and going strong. Next shotgun I buy will be the 930. They are totally reliable and shoot very nice. Have you shot one yet?