Monarch 9mm ammo

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by Basevol, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Basevol

Basevol New Member

I've never had a fail to feed before until now. Got some Monarch ammo from Academy sports for Christmas and went to the range today. Failed 4 times 2 in one mag, my son in law was with me, so he packed a mag in his 19, and he had one fail. We both have never had a fail to feed before. Anybody else try this ammo :confused:

2. jln370

jln370 Member

TX
    I've shot a little bit of it, never had a problem.

3. kj4963

kj4963 New Member

I have never shot that ammo, i had a FTF problem with some bulk reloaded ammo in my Glock 19C, so i stopped using it. The guy I bought it from said the recoil spring was to strong! It works fine with other ammo, so never bought his again.

4. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication!

My cousins husband left his gun in texas and just gave me 100 rounds of monarch, 100 of federal, and 8 hd of federal.
    Never heard of monarch and I hope it works well for me. I will update when I shoot it (it's been in his closet for about 2 years, along with the federal)

ForumRunner_20120508_064632.jpg

5. malladus

malladus New Member

You using the steel or brass case stuff? My father in law and I bought and shot about 10K of the brass case stuff almost exclusively a few years back. I never had any failures to feed. My father in law had fewer then I can count on both hands. My only issue I remember was that at a 1000 round match I was well into a case and I had a round that was underpowered and fired, hit the target, but lacked enough ummph to cycle the action enough to strip the next round.

malladus

6. rickjames

The stuff I have is brass. Why can't I find it online for sale? Discontinued?
    I'm hoping to get out tomorrow to shoot. I don't plan on replacing fleet farms sales on 9mm with this, I was just wondering why I couldn't find it for sale.

7. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

Was I your first few rounds?
    Did it eject the casings? Or was it stuck inside?

I had this happen to me using Tul Ammo. I finally figured out it was the first few rounds and it I did not fill up the magazine it then did okay. But I am now staying away from it.

8. rickjames

I shot 100 rounds of monarch with no issues at all. Dirty? Sure, but I clean my gun everytime it is shot.