Glock Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the idea of a long slide Glock in .45 ACP. I have lusted over the custom Lone Wolf model 21L's, with the 6" barrel and slide, for a long time. Now that Glock makes a large frame long slide model 40 in 10 MM, do you think they will make the same model in .45 ACP?

Since Glock makes the virtually identical models 20 and 21, I thought a model 40 in .45 ACP would be a no brainer, but ... who knows?

I was trying to decide between a G4 21 and a 21SF, but now I am wondering if it is worth waiting for a long slide .45. Yes, I know I should buy one of each, but I haven't won the lottery yet!

(I think the 10 MM cartridge is awesome, BUT it is just too expensive to shoot in a gun that will primarily be a range/house gun.)

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I love the idea of a long slide Glock in .45 ACP. I have lusted over the custom Lone Wolf model 21L's, with the 6" barrel and slide, for a long time. Now that Glock makes a large frame long slide model 40 in 10 MM, do you think they will make the same model in .45 ACP?

Since Glock makes the virtually identical models 20 and 21, I thought a model 40 in .45 ACP would be a no brainer, but ... who knows?

I was trying to decide between a G4 21 and a 21SF, but now I am wondering if it is worth waiting for a long slide .45. Yes, I know I should buy one of each, but I haven't won the lottery yet!

(I think the 10 MM cartridge is awesome, BUT it is just too expensive to shoot in a gun that will primarily be a range/house gun.)

Have you seen the Glock 41?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Glock 41 is comparable to a model 34 or 35, the "tactical/practical" models.

In fact, a Glock rep told me that the 41 slide and barrel is virtually identical to the 34/35 slide and barrel. That's why both the slide and barrel on the 41 are so much thinner and lighter than on a 21.

I know that the .45 ACP is a low pressure round so that conversion should be safe, but still ... that "design" seemed like a very cheap, half-assed solution to building a "new" model Glock.

I was afraid that the model 40 slide was going to be a re-bored model 17L/24 slide and barrel, but have heard that isn't the case. That concept wouldn't reliable function, so Glock had to build the slide and barrel of the model 40 from scratch. Good.

·
Registered
338 Posts
As I have a gen4 21 and have large hands it fits me fine. I would probably buy a .45 long slide too. Just to add it to the collection

1 - 6 of 6 Posts