Glock Forum banner

Mod. 36 or Mod. 39?

3K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  202 
#1 ·
Which one should i get? I currently own a mod 22 & 19, and would like a 45cal. any imput? might use for an off duty gun

#8 ·
shooter13. that was going to be my next question, the grip. The round capacity was not going to be an issue for me, i was looking for single stack mag. anyhow. I guess the caliber was my question. I should have clarified it better

The 36 has both a Pearce Plus Zero and Plus One grip extension option. So that's six plus one or seven plus one. Note: if you do buy the Plus One extension it comes with an integrated grip plug.

The 39 probably has extension options (and of course 37 or 38 magazines). The one downfall to the 36 is that it is that being Slimline Glock and has no compatibility with 21 or 30 magazines etc. I've found that it's much easier to conceal. Let me know if you end up with the 39, because they seem pretty awesome too. I wish I could test a GAP model out at the range. Again it's a six round capacity, yet with .45 ACP ballistics (from what I've read recently).

#10 ·
I bought my Glock 37 without having ever fired the .45GAP. I have .45ACPs, so I did have that frame of reference to compare it to. I bought it primarily after reading of Florida Highway Patrol's extensive testing/search process before selecting the G37 Gen4 as their new issue gun. It was enough to make me comfortable trying it.

When I took it to the range the first time, I knew instantly that I'd found my new favorite caliber. I think it recoils less than the .45ACP, despite having the same or better ballistics. That's probably because of the smaller grip size giving me more grip in the hand and more control. I don't find the ACP to be difficult at all, I just find the GAP to be better. I might even go so far as to say much better. It's certainly enough that I bought a G39 to go with my OD 37 and I'll eventually add a Gen4 37...though the $550+ is a bit ridiculous for Gen4s.

#11 ·
Neither, G30 :D

The G36 loses 4 rounds for like 4mm difference in slimness. The 30 is a nasty little sub to contend with. I carry that, or my 19, or in some case both. Depends on my mood that day haha.

#12 · (Edited)
Webphisher said:
Neither, G30 :D

The G36 loses 4 rounds for like 4mm difference in slimness. The 30 is a nasty little sub to contend with. I carry that, or my 19, or in some case both. Depends on my mood that day haha.
I wish Glock made a 9mm, .40. or GAP single stack too. Simply for concelabilitey. I wish the GAP had a higher capacity, but I understand the concept was mean to fit the 9mm frames.

I love shooting my 19 and can carry it with relative ease until I sit down or tie my shoe. Then it jams into my lower stomach like a brick. Now with layers of winter cloths of course there are more positional options. The nice thing about the 36 is that it can fit in a cargo pants/shorts pocket. Perhaps baby Glocks are similar w/out grip extensions? My skinny friend carries a full size 1911 IWB! Different strokes for different folks ;-).

#15 ·
I love my new 36. I've added the "plus 1" which helps the grip & avoids the pinky-pinch. After over 250 rounds, I can tell you it's the best, most accurate, concealed carry weapon around!
Welcome Scotty-Pa!

I just picked up a G30sf for my daily carry, so I'm going to recommend it.
But, everyone that owns a 45 G.A.P. seems to love it. Good luck on your decision.

#20 ·
My only concern with the 45 GAP is ammo price and availability. I read about the "benefits" over the 45acp, but still not enough for me to go with it.
Of course I respect those who like the GAP, so if you are on that page, why not?
That's another excuse to get another gun. :)
I love my 21 and 30.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.