Glock Forum banner
141 - 160 of 229 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,483 Posts
I don't want what ever I put on the grip of the gun to absorb anything,I want the grip to offer enough traction so that even in my hands are sweaty or wet I have control of the gun.
Some use grip tape, which is offered in sand paper like texture and some use a rubberized texture based material.my preference is the sand paper texture, you can do it your self or there is a outfit called Talon Grips that offers laser cut to match the gun grip material.
There is a third option with polymer guns and that is to stipple or have the grip textured using a heat method .

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
If I know I’m going shoot a lot of rounds or if it’s cold outside I just put a fingerless weight lifters glove on my shooting hand for a little extra comfort, but most of the time the plain Gen. 4 grip with nothing added is just fine for me. I even like the finger grooves which I know a lot of folks don’t like.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Dot Sight
to Glock 19 What is recommended Trigicon or something else
A detailed explanation of the top manufacturers?
We put a set of regular height Trijicon Bright & Tough night sights on the grandson's M19 but after installing a Swampfox Kingslayer ring & dot optic we switched to a set of optic height Trijicon Bright & Tough sights.
I also have Trijicon Bright & Tough night sights on my S&W 4566. They're much easier to pick up in daylight then the OEM sights were and though I haven't shot it at night they are very visible in the dark.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp............

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Use this on your hands.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
In reality, they are all about the same. Some expand more, some penetrate more, they all do the same job if they hit something vital, and that is the end all, right there.
Nothing magic about it. Pick your poison and run with it. Most of the pictured will do about as equal a job.
Old school Gold Dot +P, HST, and the Ranger line have the most reliable expansion of the group IIRC. I'll toss in Bonded Golden Saber +P, and Ranger without the T. Both are very good, the Ranger is a bit of an "Over penetrator" per the reviewers, but I'll take 19 inches over 12 any day. Most is just academic, but we likes what we likes.

141 - 160 of 229 Posts