Minotaur MTAC Holster

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by PeacefulWarrior, Apr 9, 2012.

1. PeacefulWarrior

PeacefulWarrior New Member

Contacted this company today about my G19 & the fact that it has TruGlo TFO sights. I didn't feel confident about their response... Now I want to know if anyone here has this holster & TFO sights on a G19 or similar size? What about using the supertuck deluxe with TFO sights? I'll post their response...

2. PeacefulWarrior

"The sight channel on our products is made to accommodate a front sight up to .25" in height. Your front sight would be cutting it really close but you may have enough room on most of our holsters. There is no universal height between each model and holster but we do keep a minimum of .25" of height in the sight channels."

--when I wrote back to ask 'which' holster WOULD definitely work for me, she said the one I initially asked about should be fine. Yet, she says I'd be cutting it close. Is it just me? That's not encouraging. Doesn't sound like someone who should be representing a product.

3. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

Measure your front sight and see how high it measures. If you really like the holster but are still unsure ask her if the sights do not work with the holster can you return it for a refund.

4. PeacefulWarrior

Looks like they give 30 days to return... Think I'm going to do more research.

5. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

What holster is it ie iwb, hybrid iwb,owb leather, owb kydex. It may be uneasy hearing that the company isnt 100% sure their product will work, but they design their product around the bone stock model. There are just too many after market sights on the market to build a holster for every model.

6. PeacefulWarrior

It's IWB... I agree with what you say to an extent, but Glock & TruGlo TFO sights are pretty common. If they know my glock will fit, and they have the specs for their own holster, and since TruGlo TFO specs are readily available; they should be able to let me know, yes or no, if it will work. If they could furnish me with exact clearance, I could easily figure it out. That's ok, though... I am leaning more toward Desantis or Crossbreed... and may still consider another brand if there is an IWB that supports a 19 with a TLR-1... though I mainly only attach the TRL-1 when I go to sleep... Don't know if I'd want to carry it all the time. Seems like a bad idea.

7. well... they told you how big the sights can be... just measure. She gave you all the info she was told to give.