Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had Mike P from Defensive Concealment, right here in the vendor area of Glock Forum custom build me an OWB holster for my Glock 17/22. It was quickly shipped and got here on Friday and I was able to use it in a defensive pistol competition Saturday.

First of all this the turnaround time for this custom holster was incredible. From the time I ordered it to the time it came in the mail was exactly 1 week! Mike P was constantly keeping me updated through the whole process, even asking if I would like a couple custom pieces built in/used on the holster.

The first custom piece was a larger section of the back of the Kydex to come up a bit higher to provide easier re-holstering during competition use, since using one hand to holster the firearm is a requirement. This piece keeps your shirt from binding in between the firearm and the holster. Another custom piece which I really liked was the conversion kit to convert the holster to IWB. It is just a pair of leather straps which tie around the belt and replaces the belt loops on the OWB variation.

I will also note that where many companies and businesses fail to please, defensive concealment goes above and beyond. The customer service I received from them was such a refreshing change from what many of us have grown used to. I have already mentioned the customization I was provided, to add to it he showed me pictures of my holster after it was formed to make sure it took the right size, shape and was the quality I was looking for.

After I received the holster in the mail and took it out of the box the first thing I noticed was how contoured the holster is. For a skinny guy like myself this is a welcome shape in order to actually conceal this firearm for EDC. I wore the holster with my Glock 17 all day and noticed how high it sits and the extra comfort provided from this profile immediately. I even forgot I had it on at times. This is the first holster I can conceal with just a t-shirt that I have ever owned. The retention is great, I can hold the holster upside down and shake violently, and the gun won't fall out, but the ease of taking the Glock out and holstering is very easy.

Overall I am very pleased With this holster. It is hands down the best holster I have now, and at $46 shipped, the price simply can not be beat.

I do not normally review products, but this was an exception due to how pleased I am with this holster.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
Awesome! It's nice to see a detailed, well written review for a vendor here. Mike custom made my holster as well and you are right, they are quite exceptional.

How did the match go?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The match went really well. First time at the Boulder Rifle Club and had a blast. It was my girlfriends first match so I was more focused on her having fun and doing well. I am actually going to order a pink holster from Mike for her upcoming birthday!

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
You know what goes good with that? Pink custom paint on her gun!

I can't help myself, I'm a marketing monster LOL. A pink holster would be awesome!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only problem with that is that "her gun" is my brand new Glock 17 gen 4. She won't shoot anything else lol. When she does get a Glock for herself I will send it to you for paint. I also wanna get that FDE on my old G22 when I get the cash

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
Good deal. Glad you like it. Make sure to let us know what you think of it as a IWB unit after you try it. FYI.....when putting on the IWB straps, if you crank them down to tight it makes the snaps hard to undo.

I really appreciate you taking the time to write the review. It helps a great deal.

Also FYI, we will be ordering the pink Kydex for you this week. We should have it by the end of the week.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
I'm gonna try IWB today and I will post my results back on this thread
Even if you don't like it I want to hear about it. I personally think it works well as a all in one combo unit. When wearing it as a IWB it does ride a tad higher than our dedicated IWB.

·
Banned
636 Posts
Mike does good work. He is my first throught when it comes to anything kydex related.

You cant beat his prices.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I have tried the IWB variation of my Defensive Concealment holster and thought it was really cool!

It took me three tries to figure out how to put the leather buckles/snaps on correctly, but I will chalk that up to first time use. 3rd time was a real 'duh' moment, haha.

Mike did mention it rides a little higher than his dedicated IWB holster which I don't doubt for a second, but since I don't have that to compare it to, I can't tell you whether my experience would be the same or not. What I can tell you is that for me, and again I am a tall skinny guy, it concealed the weapon very well. It felt 'high and tight' to my body, like how any football player would tell you is a very good thing. The best spot I found for the holster was just behind my center line somewhat resting on my Gluteus behind my pelvic bone. I have never worn IWB before this, so it was a little strange but it was very quick and easy to get used to and I actually like it very much.

To anybody looking strictly for concealment and EDC, I would suggest going with his standard build and nix the additional sweat guard which he put on mine. The sweat guard did make it just a bit uncomfortable when sitting down and resting my back on a chair or stool. It was never anything terrible, but just a suggestion.

Again I think this holster is great compared to anything on the Market and for the price can not be beat. $46 shipped is incredible, and I am glad to be in on the ground floor and receive the quality and customer support I have received

Thanks, Mike P!!

·
Very Sensitive Guy (^;)
764 Posts
I've done a tad of business with Mike and the speed and attention he gives your product and shipping can't be beat. He gets 5 stars from me also.

TD, thanks for taking the time to review. It helps show Glock Forum's membership what the vendors are made of here.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
Awesome, good feedback. Thats exactly what I was looking for. The combo unit was just an idea we had so a user could save a little buying just one instead of two seperate holsters. In my testing I have not worn one with the sweat gaurd but I will have to try it now myself to see how it feels. I to found it to be more comfortable when sitting at the 4 oclock position.

I'm not normally a IWB guy either. Personally the whole idea of it is awkward to me......I know some love it though. Like I said the combo unit is just an idea that you and a couple of others were lucky enough to test out at no extra cost. We are still working on improving it because I think the idea of the "combo" unit is solid.

Glad you are super happy with the unit as a OWB and once again thanks for the feedback on the combo.

Remember guys/gals if you have any questions at all just shoot me a PM. Even if I'm not on here I will recieve email notification on my phone and will respond with in minutes(unless i'm asleep). No waiting around on customer service from us.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
nukinfuts29 said:
New design seems to be hitting it off Mike ;)
Im waiting on feedback from other test monkeys to see how much we might need to tweak the design or if we need to at all. Sounds good so far.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks for the excellent review danielism, very good info. I'm interested in the combo model when it's ready, sounds like a great idea.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
runman said:
Thanks for the excellent review danielism, very good info. I'm interested in the combo model when it's ready, sounds like a great idea.
Its availible. Just PM me if interested and I will hook you up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The IWB setup works great. Most of the time I don't even realize it is there. I think it is a great rig and I use it all the time

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
TheDanielism said:
The IWB setup works great. Most of the time I don't even realize it is there. I think it is a great rig and I use it all the time
Awesome. I still need to make myself one with a sweat guard to try out.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts